Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Someone got lucky on Ebay!

Article about: Mind you andy even if the liner was a repro,that as we know is about \\$140,plus the shell and chinstraps for free then half that for \\$74 there's no way would i complain and neither would you

Default Re: Someone got lucky on Ebay!

Mind you andy even if the liner was a repro,that as we know is about $140,plus the shell and chinstraps for free then half that for $74 there's no way would i complain and neither would you my friend,lady luck shined on somebody thats for sure,regards minnie.

?

I'll bet you a fiver somebody over at USMF got it, I missed it by half an hour. Bugger.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

I wasn't aware that the were repro's of the Hawley liner out there. Who makes them?

Yes there are repos out there and they are very good by the looks of them. I’ve been noticing them for about a year they may have been on the go longer even para ones as new or aged. This game will just get harder and harder as the years go by.
    A fiver is not much of a bet Andy and I thought the Scots were meant to be miserably lol.
    Rod

?

Quote by plumbob View Post
    Yes there are repos out there and they are very good by the looks of them. I’ve been noticing them for about a year they may have been on the go longer even para ones as new or aged. This game will just get harder and harder as the years go by.
    A fiver is not much of a bet Andy and I thought the Scots were meant to be miserably lol.
    Rod
    Yup, some info on Hawley repro's here:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/foru...howtopic=50431

I've been on the lookout for them being passed as real, can't say I've spotted any on eBay yet, which you would think would be the first place they would show up. I'm expecting one any time now. Why the guy who makes them doesn't mark them as made by him to avoid the inevitable I don't understand.

Rod, I think I have Scottish ancestry...........

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

NCA
    ?

Are Hawley liners lighter in weight than high pressures?

?

Quote by NCA View Post
    Are Hawley liners lighter in weight than high pressures?
    Yes, they are very light, they are made from compressed paper fibre.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

NCA
    ?

Thanks.Thought so.Just wondered in case i ever happen on one.
    Well, that is one lucky buyer and one daft seller who shoulda done their homework!!

This is what i've been saying for the last 3 years,its ok as a business to replicate WW2 style helmets to sell and make money,thats legal and above board but it does'nt take a genius to figure out that somewhere down the line either one of these buyers or even a third party is going to do the unthinkable and palm it off as an original,especially when most items are being artificially aged,and some of the work thats out there is pretty clever stuff,whats next someone going to recreate high pressure liners,or have a McCord spare press and turn out new fixed bale helmetsregards minnie.

NCA
    ?

What you have just described is prevalent in all part of the collecting/antiques world.Supply and demand.It aint ever going to stop.Many and varied are the sly tricks that folk pull on the unwary and unsuspecting!

As for HP liners and FB shells...i'd like to see them try!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2