Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Spooky Vietnam era helmet?

Article about: That is a mid-late nam PARATROOPER liner, or a post war paratrooper liner. Lets remember that. That is worth money, \\$50. The sweatband is post war. But, the cover could be ERDL, as ERDL cove

Default Re: Spooky Vietnam era helmet?

That is a mid-late nam PARATROOPER liner, or a post war paratrooper liner. Lets remember that. That is worth money, $50. The sweatband is post war. But, the cover could be ERDL, as ERDL covers were made until 81. Also, take off the sweatband. There should be markings on the suspension.

?

Quote by THE SWINE View Post
    That is a mid-late nam PARATROOPER liner, or a post war paratrooper liner. Lets remember that. That is worth money, $50. The sweatband is post war. But, the cover could be ERDL, as ERDL covers were made until 81. Also, take off the sweatband. There should be markings on the suspension.
    Thanks Swine, for your response. I moved the sweatband to reveal more markings on the suspension. See photo. Says 31 May 67. What does that mean?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spooky Vietnam era helmet?  

That means that it is a paratrooper helmet liner (type II) made in 1967.

Quote by ashgld15 View Post
    1980's issue.Not Vietnam.The photo you show of the headband has the following on the second line of the stamping: DLA 100-83-C-437?.The "83" on the stamping indicates 1983 so, that is most likely your answer.
    Hope this helps.
    Eric
    So if i had a helmet that read: DLA100-78-G-3500 would that indicate its a '78?

?

yes what ever part of the helmet that is stamped on that will be the year it was made.

[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Spooky Vietnam era helmet?[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

I bought this helmet from an Army and Navy Surplus store for $43.95 and I'd like to know what I bought and if I overpayed or got a deal. I found out the steel pot was a Belgian United Nations one but I have no idea what that means to me. I think I figured out that the camo is not the EDRL and I believe the tag is DLA-100-83-F-8-B84 # 8415-00-07 Made by MPLS. SOC. F-T Blind Inc. I think the headband is a good copy or original of the vietnam era one. The liner I read up on and seems to be late 70's earl 80's. No lettering on the shell itself but there are marks on the straps. Any information would be very much appreciated, thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spooky Vietnam era helmet?   Spooky Vietnam era helmet?  

Spooky Vietnam era helmet?   Spooky Vietnam era helmet?  

Quote by Drake Pugh View Post
    [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Spooky Vietnam era helmet?[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

I bought this helmet from an Army and Navy Surplus store for $43.95 and I'd like to know what I bought and if I overpayed or got a deal. I found out the steel pot was a Belgian United Nations one but I have no idea what that means to me. I think I figured out that the camo is not the EDRL and I believe the tag is DLA-100-83-F-8-B84 # 8415-00-07 Made by MPLS. SOC. F-T Blind Inc. I think the headband is a good copy or original of the vietnam era one. The liner I read up on and seems to be late 70's earl 80's. No lettering on the shell itself but there are marks on the straps. Any information would be very much appreciated, thank you.

The liner is Israeli, the shell is is European, I'm thinking Belgian? The Camo appears to of US manufacture

Quote by theotherhomer View Post
    The liner is Israeli, the shell is is European, I'm thinking Belgian? The Camo appears to of US manufacture
    Ah man, that's all good until the liner. Can you tell m what this one is? It has M25 stamped on it and on the strap it says: Liner, soilders steel helmet. Combat type 1. 24FEB72 (the next part is mostly guess-work) DLA00-72-C-1079 14. Thank you for the help

If I remember correctly, M25 is code for Vietnam era liners, DLA00-72-C-1079 14, the 72-C should be the date. I've got one similar to yours but stamped M24 on the inside of the liner

Oh thank you so much man, I'll DEFINITELY be replacing the Israeli one with this one especially if it's American > thank you so much

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast