Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Text book Korean War M1 Helmet.

Article about: McCord rear seamed sand/silca textured 1951 produced KW Helmet.Heatstamps all begin with M-prefix,Green painted steel chinstrap hardware,this originally became a substitute as Brass with mil

Default Text book Korean War M1 Helmet.

McCord rear seamed sand/silca textured 1951 produced KW Helmet.Heatstamps all begin with M-prefix,Green painted steel chinstrap hardware,this originally became a substitute as Brass with mildew inhibitor were meant to have been fitted.Capac Liner with green painted A washers including green buckle sweatband,for some reason the leather on these period types turn quite a dark brown as opposed to later types produced,both sweatband/nape are clearly stamped with the MIL- QM-DATE stamps,original matt olive drab paint on both shell and Liner.just have to say a big thanks to Rod as I acquired the shell from a USMF member via Rod so cheers mate these shells are quite rare in there original spec,as most got painted up, nice to finally have a mate for the Liner.hope you enjoy this setup............
    Last edited by ruddersrangers44; 05-10-2015 at 05:03 PM.

Great looking lid!....

?

Very nice Jake, I'm very glad you sourced a KW era M1,it looks 100% to me basing it on my own KW M1, thanks for sharing

?

Jake, As usual a beauty of a lid! You have some fine examples of different period M1's. Certainly some of the best I have seen. Keep it up! Cheers, Sean.

Your welcome Jake if I can help I will. I am glad everything has turned out ok.
    That is a nice set up now, I can see why you were attracted to it, don’t think you can upgrade on those pair.
    You have posted some nice items lately well done! But if your like me the search is endless.
    Keep it up.
    Regards
    Rod

Jake, congrats another fine lid. I love your passion for the hobby and thank you.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Many thanks guys for your kind comments,to be honest i always think my stuff is kinda bland as its only standard Infantry,no Airborne or USMC im afraid but at least its all history and original,would die for an Airborne lid but maybe not,who knows,i dont even own an M3 or an M5,or a Kelly so there you go,just mr average afterall,enough rambling for one day.