MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Is there a chance in hell for this M1 helmet?

Article about: Could this helmet be what it appears to be? Probably not, but hope springs eternal and I would welcome any comments you might have. It's stainless steel rim has a seam in the front and the b

Default Is there a chance in hell for this M1 helmet?

Could this helmet be what it appears to be? Probably not, but hope springs eternal and I would welcome any comments you might have. It's stainless steel rim has a seam in the front and the bales swivel. I can only make out the number 6 stamped near the front and there is also a name and serial number painted inside but they are too far gone to make out. The liner has the insignia of the First Army and the 187th Field Artillery Bn "Baptized by Fire." Got these at an estate sale in West Virginia for $30. Any thoughts on the stars. Thanks for your help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is there a chance in hell for this M1 helmet?   Is there a chance in hell for this M1 helmet?  

Is there a chance in hell for this M1 helmet?   Is there a chance in hell for this M1 helmet?  

Is there a chance in hell for this M1 helmet?   Is there a chance in hell for this M1 helmet?  

?

To me the stars look fresh, and poorly done. My opinion.

Looks like the stars were done as a project in school,its a shame that a nice wartime shell has been ruined,and the Firestone liner is trashed too with a postwar repaint,too bad the webbing's shot away as its a nice early one with unpainted A washers,50's Korean period chinstrap hardware.............