Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Which of these is original?

Article about: which of these I buy? how to tell if it is original or not?

?

Default Which of these is original?

which of these I buy? how to tell if it is original or not?
    Which of these is original?Which of these is original?

Default Re: Which of these is original?

Well, Doc...you don't give a person much to work with! What do you mean when you say "original"? These helmets were used for decades and in several wars-which or what are you looking to find one from? Also, just a few rudimentary things on a US helmet to look for: Is there a front seam on the edge of the helmet? Front seams are WWII era and on into Korea. Are the chinstrap bails fixed in one place or are they moveable(do they swivel?)? Fixed bales are the earliest versions. So, if you're looking for a dead on WWII helmet, watch for a front seam edge with fixed bales. The Liners are the next key and are considerably more tricky, as they will fit into virtually any era helmet in their size that you want to put them in to. Look inside them for markings, dates, etc. stamped into them.

Like I said, this is just the rudimentarys of US helmet co0llecting, but it should give you a good hint or 2 to get you started. There is a Ton of helmet info on this site, so be sure to check out the Allied helmet section and browse through it. Good Luck!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Default Re: Which of these is original?

as Will said theres plenty of info on this forum to check out about M-1 helmets but you also need to remember if you're expecting help from the guys here you really need to start posting better quality pictures & better info as to what help you're looking for or you'll never get the help you require.