Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Are these WW 2 Airborne helmets?

Article about: Hello everyone, I came across these helmets and was wondering if you all could lend me some knowledge. The darker shell is a Schlueter and the other only has a number stamped in the front. b

?

The named liner with the broken leather strap was bought with a rear seam helmet over it. I unfortunately broke the leather strap myself, it was super brittle and came apart like nothing. I was not very happy. I then put a schlueter pot that I had with it. The other lighter green helmet with intact leather strap was bought exactly like it sits. I initially purchased the lighter green front seam helmet only because I thought I might have found something worth having. After some research I determined that it looked legit so I went back a few days later and bought the rear seam helmet with the named paratrooper liner. I have looked all over the internet for any info possible on these. This is why I have asked for help. I am trying to validate their authenticity so that they may be in my collection without any doubt. What pictures are needed to accomplish this?

Well at $60 a set you can't go wrong,a shell is worth that alone so with the Liners as well a super deal,the comments i made in 7 and 9 is based on what i can see,but Larz has still not produced a photo of the mold stamps?so until that is shown there's no clear cut outcome,afterall its only been stated that a mold stamp exists.maybe they are both genuine and you've hit on a great result.................jury is still on the fence.

?

These are some more pics. Hopefully they help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Are these WW 2 Airborne helmets?   Are these WW 2 Airborne helmets?  

Are these WW 2 Airborne helmets?   Are these WW 2 Airborne helmets?  

They look pretty good to me but I've only handled post war paratrooper liners. If they have been rigged up from infantry liners whoever did it, they did a great job. If they are tampered with and then surely they would have had them up for auction for mega bucks. Trying my best to think logically about this. It doesn't make sense that they were sitting in a shop and bought for only $60 a piece. The thing you see a lot of is great pieces of militaria being tampered with to increase value. I would have snapped them up no questions asked.

?

Thank you. It was awesome!! I have been getting lucky with finding a few items lately. The store is a stained glass place that has a few random items and antiques for sale in it. I was walking by and decided to check it out. I am always looking for militaria and you all know that you never know what you are going to come across. The people at the store were great and gladly sold me one of them. I thought maybe they would maybe reconsider their price when I showed back up Monday morning ready to purchase the second one.

With the new pictures I'm sure Jake will know if they are the real deal or not. I hope they are genuine as they are in great shape and an absolute awesome find if they are

Hi Larz what is that square print on the liner behind the webbing just below the nipple for attachment of the leather chinstrap???
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Are these WW 2 Airborne helmets?  

Good spot Jake possibly a Micarta or a CAPAC impregnated label so if it is they are definitely post war

Well exactly Ian,will only be Westinghouse as Capac never used an impregnated until 1958 so front eyelet KW period Westy rewebbed with maybe authentic hbt webbing and maybe original A yokes presuming i am right?

?

here are a couple pics that I could take outside, I didnt see any other markings or stamps other than the westinghouse one in the dome. Hopefully these pics are helpful.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Are these WW 2 Airborne helmets?   Are these WW 2 Airborne helmets?  

Are these WW 2 Airborne helmets?   Are these WW 2 Airborne helmets?  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast