Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts on camouflage cover please.

Article about: Hi is it possible from these pictures to have an opinion on the originality of this helmet cover . Any tips and info would be great

?

Default Thoughts on camouflage cover please.

Hi is it possible from these pictures to have an opinion on the originality of this helmet cover . Any tips and info would be great
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on camouflage cover please.   Thoughts on camouflage cover please.  

Thoughts on camouflage cover please.   Thoughts on camouflage cover please.  

Thoughts on camouflage cover please.  

?

I think the stitching looks correct , any thoughts would be appreciated .

?

My own self assessment on the cover as follows, the stitching looks correct on the edges of the tabs, jungle side closed stitching , beach side an open dog tooth stitch ,also the beach side seam is a chain stitch where as the jungle side is a single stitch . Also the colour looks good with a slight mint green base colour (Color for our American cousins) and good separation of the pattern not blurred together . No foliage slits so looks to be a mk1 cover. Not 100% on the USMC insignia to the front but will take my chance on that one.

It looks OK to me except that it has an EGA which denotes that it was issued POST-WWII.
    The things to look for are:
    1. Saw-tooth stitching on beach side edges.
    2. Chain stitching on beach side center and NOT on jungle side.
    3. Correct HBT stitching on cover itself (should not be ///\\\ )
    4. Connected stitching on jungle side edges

Here is the difference in the stitching.
    The top one is correct for a USMC helmet cover.
    The bottom one is not.
    Notice the pattern on the bottom one is ///\\\
    Attached Images Attached Images Thoughts on camouflage cover please.  Thoughts on camouflage cover please. 

?

Many thanks for the info, one area I missed to look at was the actual herring bone pattern. Many thanks again for taking the time to reply.