MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Twin M1 Liners - Inf. Training School/30th Reg. Marked - Named

Article about: I bought the O'Brien liner 7 or eight years ago, and came across the Sommer liner about 5 years later and had to have it. Both have the "Follow Me" insignia of the Fort Benning Com

Default Twin M1 Liners - Inf. Training School/30th Reg. Marked - Named

I bought the O'Brien liner 7 or eight years ago, and came across the Sommer liner about 5 years later and had to have it. Both have the "Follow Me" insignia of the Fort Benning Combat Infantry School, and both have the 30th Inf Reg (3rd ID) decal on the left. The O'Brien liner is a Capac, the Sommer liner a Westinghouse. Both are WWII vintage and well used (i.e. - rats!), but I like doubles of oddball helmets, and really like this pair. Maybe one of these guys even had some contact with Audey Murphy, who knows? Anyway, I hope you like them, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Twin M1 Liners - Inf. Training School/30th Reg. Marked - Named   Twin M1 Liners - Inf. Training School/30th Reg. Marked - Named  

Twin M1 Liners - Inf. Training School/30th Reg. Marked - Named   Twin M1 Liners - Inf. Training School/30th Reg. Marked - Named  

Twin M1 Liners - Inf. Training School/30th Reg. Marked - Named   Twin M1 Liners - Inf. Training School/30th Reg. Marked - Named  

Twin M1 Liners - Inf. Training School/30th Reg. Marked - Named  

Default Re: Twin M1 Liners - Inf. Training School/30th Reg. Marked - Named

A very nice pair.

I am always fond of anything 3rd Ind Div related.

Cheers, Ade.

?

two very nice WW2 liners

Ive had a look for the names to try & find anymore info but no luck unfortunately.

Great Liners !