Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

U.S. M1 Helmet - Opinions appreciated.

Article about: Yes. Have you any other thoughts on this thread Eric? Regards, Ned.

Default Re: U.S. M1 Helmet - Opinions appreciated.

Yes. Have you any other thoughts on this thread Eric?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    to be honest, it looks like the repro 2nd rangers helmets that you can buy on websites like atthefront.com

Supposedly they are ww2 era steel pots w authentic liners, but they add the 2nd rangers paint scheme
    I think that has already been established Gizmo. Once again do you have anything to say regarding the main content of my post.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I can see your point but it is the server not a person doing it. The forum makes alittle extra money this way when people click on the links I just ignore them myself.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Quote by big ned View Post
    I think that has already been established Gizmo. Once again do you have anything to say regarding the main content of my post.

Regards, Ned.
    I'm sorry, I totally missed that.

I really don't know about your other question.

Eric's explanation seems likely.

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    I can see your point but it is the server not a person doing it. The forum makes alittle extra money this way when people click on the links I just ignore them myself.

Eric
    Fair enough. Then I would suggest that this particular practice is reconsidered by the owners of this forum. These postings are like a plague of locusts at the momement, ruining the the forum as you have to scroll through literally hundreds of postings to find a thread where there is some form of interesting interaction.

Does not the posting of all these ebay threads or otherwise tempt some members here to part with hard earned cash for something that may well be bogus? I realise there is a disclaimer posted on all of them saying basically 'buyer beware, around 50% of ebay militaria items are bogus' but is this really what the moderators and members think is enough to condone the advertising of such items here? I don't, I personally think this agenda should be stopped now, let's be honest, we all know it serves little, if not nothing for the membership here. But then again, maybe it has become an important provider for the upkeep of the forum, but who knows? Some form of clarity from the moderators involved with this aspect of the forum and it's possible upkeep would help make matters clearer.

Regards, Ned.

Ned, and Everybody,

Dimas is working on resolving this issue. The guy is up to his neck in glitches and re-routes of scripts, programs and all that other technical business since the transfer of this HUGE forum to it's new server. Lets leave him to his work instead of getting worked up.

Please...

See here: eBay feeds have re-appeared
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

And lets not open up another thread concerning this subject, now that this one has been closed, until we hear from Dimas himself concerning this "issue".

There are a million plus one other militaria & historical related subjects to discuss here. Kindly find one and have at it...

Sheesh!

Thanks guys.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2