Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

United States Air Force M1

Article about: This one has been shown before, but the photo's were not so good. Having seen AmericanKrauts impressive USAAF/USAF collection I thought he might like to see this one. There are different lig

?

Default United States Air Force M1

This one has been shown before, but the photo's were not so good.
    Having seen AmericanKrauts impressive USAAF/USAF collection I thought he might like to see this one. There are different light settings to try to capture the faded blue overpaint. The liner is a Westinghouse, the one remaining chinstrap is just hanging through the swivel bale. The pot is front seam, and I have added the liner chistrap. United States Air Force M1United States Air Force M1United States Air Force M1United States Air Force M1United States Air Force M1United States Air Force M1United States Air Force M1United States Air Force M1United States Air Force M1United States Air Force M1United States Air Force M1United States Air Force M1United States Air Force M1United States Air Force M1
    The story behind it is that it came from a shed in Lincolnshire, the owner of this helmet continued his service post war, married and settled here. He retired a Major I believe.

ps,
    Dimas, the title will not let me use capital letters! USAF = Usaf
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Default Re: United States Air Force M1

Here another one.
    chris

?

Excellent! Any more out there?
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Here`s the rank patch he would have worn.......Pete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture United States Air Force M1  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    This one has been shown before, but the photo's were not so good.
    Having seen AmericanKrauts impressive USAAF/USAF collection I thought he might like to see this one. There are different light settings to try to capture the faded blue overpaint. The liner is a Westinghouse, the one remaining chinstrap is just hanging through the swivel bale. The pot is front seam, and I have added the liner chistrap. United States Air Force M1United States Air Force M1United States Air Force M1United States Air Force M1United States Air Force M1United States Air Force M1United States Air Force M1United States Air Force M1United States Air Force M1United States Air Force M1United States Air Force M1United States Air Force M1United States Air Force M1United States Air Force M1
    The story behind it is that it came from a shed in Lincolnshire, the owner of this helmet continued his service post war, married and settled here. He retired a Major I believe.

ps,
    Dimas, the title will not let me use capital letters! USAF = Usaf
    Thanks for Sharing awesome helmet. I wish I could have responded sooner. RIP buddy