MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unusual

Article about: \\$2050.00 with five days to go....... Best Regards, Andy Edit: Had a message back from the seller. Seems he does not care too much about the link I sent him that NickD kindly provided.

?

Default Unusual

Good people of the forum. Any thoughts on this?
    WWII 517th PIR AIrborne Helmet | eBay

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual   Unusual  

Unusual   Unusual  

Unusual  
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Default Re: Unusual

Very rare snakeskin cammo variant!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Had a net on it and someone spray painted over the net?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Very rare snakeskin cammo variant!
    Rattler I think

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I've been wondering if any variations like chicken wire or netted oversprays exist for M1's. I won't comment on the legitimacy of this one since I'm unfamiliar with American helmets and paints.

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Rattler I think

Nick
    Yeah.....Diamondback if I recall.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I've been wondering if any variations like chicken wire or netted oversprays exist for M1's. I won't comment on the legitimacy of this one since I'm unfamiliar with American helmets and paints.
    Netted over sprays definitely, though very, very rare. Chicken wire I have never seen, would most likely draw friendly fire for obvious reasons. Unless somebody out there knows different.......

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

this was discussed on another forum Need oppinions on a 517th lid - U.S. Militaria Forum

?

The thing is with this listing, is that if you read the description the seller is saying all the right things. Caretaker, rather than owner, etc. He really does sound like a collector. As a juxtaposition, he has 0 feedback.
    Odd.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Quote by NickD View Post
    this was discussed on another forum Need oppinions on a 517th lid - U.S. Militaria Forum
    You know, this is why I like this forum.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast