Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Unusual marked P55 liner

Article about: Hi guys This liner has got me scratching my head. I know the companies involved in making liners leased out the liner presses from the US government and these often would have other makers m

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    I think your leaving me in your wake for exotic post-war Liners,and it's simply not fair.!Boo Hoo..........

I think we stand alone on post-war M1 production as most collectors concentrate on ww2 variants.

I would like to see more interest generated within the collecting field as its such a huge area and talking point.!
    I have you to thank Jake on collecting post war M1s you have definitely helped me to raise my game and knowledge on them. I totally agree that this a very neglected area of collecting. I will be honest I do love a good WW2 lid and liner but the variations in the post war models I find to be a lot more interesting as it's never a straight forward area of collecting. I hope the interest doesn't peak any time soon as I would like to collect as many as I can before the inevitable silly prices kick in

Many thanks Ian....,even now variants show up that puts a spin on anything Mark Reynosa wrote about.! then it becomes so frustrating purely because the info just isn't out there.!i've seen P55 Airborne Liners with the A frames seperate like the Korean fitting types and yet there only shown having them fitted behind the A washers like the WW2 versions.!i could talk about conflicting info all day long.!where are the Pat-Ric 1964 Liners to?or the pilot trial nylon liners made in 1962 some 5000 made by Westinghouse(there only contribution to these M1 COMBAT LINERS.also 5000 by General tyres again never contracted full scale production.or why do i only see nylon Firestone and Marmac liners in Vietnam M1C rigs?where are the duck cotton variants made between 1964-1969 by Westinghouse/Pat-Ric/Marmac/Firestone?over a million but haven't seen one in five years.its like they disappeared.!brass fitted chinstrap buckle painted black instead of steel,who made chinstraps from the late 50's to the mid 60's when Anchor stamped north & judd started production,this is why i simply don't understand the lack of interest in post-war produced m1's and there Liners.! my wish list is so long.don't know if any of the above are even achievable afterall i've been at it for 7 years and none of the above have never really surfaced.!keep the post-war spirit alive Ian.....

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Many thanks Ian....,even now variants show up that puts a spin on anything Mark Reynosa wrote about.! then it becomes so frustrating purely because the info just isn't out there.!i've seen P55 Airborne Liners with the A frames seperate like the Korean fitting types and yet there only shown having them fitted behind the A washers like the WW2 versions.!i could talk about conflicting info all day long.!where are the Pat-Ric 1964 Liners to?or the pilot trial nylon liners made in 1962 some 5000 made by Westinghouse(there only contribution to these M1 COMBAT LINERS.also 5000 by General tyres again never contracted full scale production.or why do i only see nylon Firestone and Marmac liners in Vietnam M1C rigs?where are the duck cotton variants made between 1964-1969 by Westinghouse/Pat-Ric/Marmac/Firestone?over a million but haven't seen one in five years.its like they disappeared.!brass fitted chinstrap buckle painted black instead of steel,who made chinstraps from the late 50's to the mid 60's when Anchor stamped north & judd started production,this is why i simply don't understand the lack of interest in post-war produced m1's and there Liners.! my wish list is so long.don't know if any of the above are even achievable afterall i've been at it for 7 years and none of the above have never really surfaced.!keep the post-war spirit alive Ian.....
    Hey Jake think I found a duck cotton variant airborne liner. The seller tells me it's a Firestone with a 68 date and being offered for 60 euros. What do think mate is it worth it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual marked P55 liner  

Quote by Redstalker View Post
    Hey Jake think I found a duck cotton variant airborne liner. The seller tells me it's a Firestone with a 68 date and being offered for 60 euros. What do think mate is it worth it?
    Ok only 3 companies produced this duck cotton Liners,Pat-Ric/Westinghouse/Marmac and all between july 64 and may 65,so the date and maker is wrong,but there is the white NO1 stamped on inside next to female snap so its a Westinghouse 14 sept 1964 DSA-1-6540,go for it cos there ain't gonna be another one along anytime soon,only 110'000 units produced between all 3 companies in total,hence now i know why there so scarce,should have read my book better first time around Lol,good luck on this venture,i would if it were me.!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2