Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

US Army 28th Keystone Division Helmet Liner - Any info would be appreciated

Article about: Hello, I purchased this helmet liner and I would like to know any info about it? Value also if possible? I would like to find info on the soldier but I am having no luck. Also is it WWII iss

Default US Army 28th Keystone Division Helmet Liner - Any info would be appreciated

Hello,
    I purchased this helmet liner and I would like to know any info about it?
    Value also if possible?
    I would like to find info on the soldier but I am having no luck.
    Also is it WWII issue?
    Thanks
    Anton
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Army 28th Keystone Division Helmet Liner - Any info would be appreciated   US Army 28th Keystone Division Helmet Liner - Any info would be appreciated  

US Army 28th Keystone Division Helmet Liner - Any info would be appreciated   US Army 28th Keystone Division Helmet Liner - Any info would be appreciated  

US Army 28th Keystone Division Helmet Liner - Any info would be appreciated   US Army 28th Keystone Division Helmet Liner - Any info would be appreciated  

?

Default Re: US Army 28th Keystone Division Helmet Liner - Any info would be appreciated

1950's liner friend.

Default Re: US Army 28th Keystone Division Helmet Liner - Any info would be appreciated

Why do you say so? It has the hole in the front like a WWII liner. It is CAPAC which was one of the WWII manufacturers. I see that the leather/cloth band has a 51' (possibly) date but it may have been replaced. It also has the knot in the top as do all WWII liners. I was thinking that it was used in WWII then again in Korea. I am not saying you are wrong but is there anything other than the head band that shows you that it is a 50s liner?

The way you can tell its Korean is by the color of the straps on the inside, I have Korean liners that have the hole too, the A washers on the inside that are black like that are also Korea but the back strap is WW2 . Also the serial number on the inside starts with US they started doing that after WW2. - Nick K

?

you have a
    MODEL 1951/1952 LINER

Manufactured by both Capac and Westinghouse (Micarta Division only) these M-1 helmet liners are identical to the WWII liner except that the internal HBT cloth is a dark green olive drab #7. These liners are identified by two types of manufacturer stamps, on set of "W" and "CAPAC" are embossed into the crown and the other is an ink stamp of the word "MICARTA" that is attached to the interior of the liner.
    sorry no here with the info on the name.

is there anything that looks like the below pic on the inside of the liner as well ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Army 28th Keystone Division Helmet Liner - Any info would be appreciated  
    Last edited by NickD; 11-12-2011 at 09:42 AM.

Great info, thank you all. No there is no sticker or anything with a date on it like the one NickD posted.
    I am not really disappointed because I paid very little for the liner and I am interested in Korean War items.
    What type of shell should I get for it? Front seam swivel bale, or rear seam?
    Also, are these liners hard to find or common?

?

you can use either type of shell as WW2 issued helmets were reissued through Korea as well. these types of liners aren't rare but named & marked ones don't come up that often that Ive seen anyway.

Thank you for all of your help.
    Mark