Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US Helmet

Article about: Howdy guys. I've had this helmet for a long time, it was in my grandparent's basement. The name inside is a cousin's and the liner was added way back when by my Dad. I know a bit about Germa

?

Default US Helmet

Howdy guys. I've had this helmet for a long time, it was in my grandparent's basement. The name inside is a cousin's and the liner was added way back when by my Dad. I know a bit about German helmets and other items but nothing about these, any info appreciated!

Jeff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Helmet   US Helmet  

US Helmet   US Helmet  

US Helmet  

WW2 Front seamed shell produced in 1944,with original bartacked od3 chinstraps,flat brass buckle hardware,with a 1966 Marmac produced M1 Helmet liner..............p.s shell has had at least one repaint............

?

Jake hit the nail on the head again, he know's his onions. Nice helmet with original corking finish by the looks of things

Thanks mate and yes very good point you've mentioned Gary regarding the cork,obviously never had too harder life,looks as fresh as a daisy..........

?

Thanks guys!

Jeff

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Thanks mate and yes very good point you've mentioned Gary regarding the cork,obviously never had too harder life,looks as fresh as a daisy..........

You are more than welcome my most knowledgeable mate

Aik
    ?

I dont like the straps...

Quote by Aik View Post
    I dont like the straps...
    Why?

?

Agree Rene...saw this response earlier today. That helmet hung in the cellar for decades, I saw it as a kid, and no one in my family would changed anything. I inherited the helmet some years back.

The straps are fine. nice shell.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast