Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Us helmet, i need help

Article about: Hellow, can someone please help me with this helmet, is it original and could it be from normandi 1944? What does the text on the helmet mean and the three stripes, i suppose it is a rank in

Question Us helmet, i need help

Hellow,
    can someone please help me with this helmet, is it original and could it be from normandi 1944? What does the text on the helmet mean and the three stripes, i suppose it is a rank in the arm, does somebody knows it? Please help!
    Here the pictures:
    Us helmet, i need help
    Us helmet, i need help
    Us helmet, i need help
    Us helmet, i need help
    Last edited by JonasDevue; 08-24-2018 at 08:19 PM. Reason: The foto's where wrong plased, not a big problem

The rank is of a Sergeant in the United States Army. As for the liner being in Normandy in 44, well I guess anything is possible but highly unlikely. Nice liner.

Marty
    Last edited by Tank Destroyer; 08-24-2018 at 09:22 PM.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Just for clarity in case of language differences this is a WWII era liner for a US M1 steel helmet and not the helmet itself.
    Nice liner.
    John

I see my goof up thanks John for the correction. You have to keep an eye on me and my typing.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

If you look at the top of the inside of the liner you should see a makers mark. If you hold it upside down like a bowl it should be dead center bottom. That should help date it .
    Last edited by RH1941; 08-25-2018 at 01:07 AM.

Marty, you explained the item to a tea but I thought the issue maybe large than the item itself. You have a lot more knowledge than I.
    John

As explained above the chevron is for a Sergeant. The text, I would assume, is a name.. Kennersy?
    A nice liner. They are not often seen with names clearly stencilled as above. In my experience, they appear mostly on NCO liners; perhaps they were put on there for training or mustering purposes. Regards.
    Attached Images Attached Images Us helmet, i need help