Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

US Helmet info

Article about: another possibility is that its a 1950's (Korean war era) made shell but im unfamiliar with these so im not sure what the heat stamp numbers look like ??

?

Default Re: US Helmet info

the liner is Vietnam era Korean war ear liners were still made in the same way as the WW2 liner.

I have also looked on the nara site and found nothing, I cannot find any stamps on the steel lid.

Thanks for the help z4

?

the number stamped in the inside of the shell near the front of the peak area would look similar to this pic it'll either be just numbers or numbers & letters if they're still visible ??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Helmet info  

I will look in daylight tomorrow there is something but i cant make it out.

Just got the other helmet out of the loft its in awful condition someone has filled the dints on the shell the bails are missing. liner has the number 104 with a letter F inside.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Helmet info   US Helmet info  

?

Firestone manufactured liner & from the A washers possibly post war maybe Korean war era & as for the shell rear seamed swivel bail or at least it would have been.

Those stamp marks are often dificult to see. You need to look at it from underneath the visor area at different angles with differing lights until you spot it. I had a WWII front seam for years and did not even realize there was a number there until someone told me to look. The stamp is often very faint.

I got my son to have a look and he found what looks like M-131A, this is on the first helmet he could not see any on the second one.

Z4
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Helmet info  

?

i think its actually M-181A & with a low number like that i think it may be a Schlueter made shell as its too low for a McCord made shell if that's the case then i cant give you a date is there anything near those numbers that might look like a capital S ?

I cannot see an S but I have blown the picture up and I think your right it is M-181A.

Z4

?

i still think it maybe a Schlueter shell its not uncommon for the S to be missed out in the stamping process as by the time McCord made shells were rear seamed swivel bail versions the number stamp was well up in to the 700's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast