Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

US Helmet Scrim

Article about: Hi everyone, I was wondering where I could find some scrim that would be suitable for my M-1C Helmet. Or is there any way I can make my own? Any help would be appreciated. Also, while I am h

Question US Helmet Scrim

Hi everyone,
    I was wondering where I could find some scrim that would be suitable for my M-1C Helmet. Or is there any way I can make my own?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Also, while I am here, is there anybody here who knows about a good website that explains US WW2 equipment well?
    Thanks for all of the help!

Default Re: US Helmet Scrim

Hi NickD,
    Thanks for responding! I have seen your threads and it is quite obvious that you are an expert on the M1/M2/M1C Helmet.
    So what do you think would be the best buy from any of the ebay.com auctions?
    Thanks very much!

And I had a quesiton.
    Were US Submachine Gunners were given the Pistol Belt with 2 SMG pouches? Or were they still given the M1923 Cartridge belt (Unless that was for the M1/ Springield only?)

You can make you own scrim by locating a burlap coffee bean sack
    and cutting the strips from it.
    Regards,

Steve.

?

well Screaming Eagle im by no means an expert i just know a little about the M-1 helmet as for the scrim any of those sellers will do as it all the same stuff & will do the job to give you the affect you are looking for

or you can do as Walkwolf suggests & find some old burlap sacking & cut it to size your self

sorry i can help with your other question as i no nothing about US field gear.

Ok, thanks very much Nick and Walkwolf for the help!
    I think I'll go hunt for a bean sack.

Try Advanced Guard Militaria. They have a website and over the last few months they had "orginial WWII Scrim" listed in their catalogs. I did notice that it was not in their last offering but they might have some still around. I thought about ordering some myself.
    Good luck!