Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

US helmet without serial number and red triangle

Article about: by escouade hi well i finally got some news on this helmet , it never left the states, it is been in the family for a long time ,so no iriqi's hypothese, i will probably go for a training us

Default Re: US helmet without serial number and red triangle

Quote by escouade View Post
    hi
    well i finally got some news on this helmet , it never left the states, it is been in the family for a long time ,so no iriqi's hypothese, i will probably go for a training used helmet ,red means, attack and bleu for defense
    cheers
    do you know the seller personally? how do you know they are not just saying it's been in the family for a long time? some people will say anything to make a sale if they think it will make you buy it

but you could be right, maybe the helmet was used for military manuevers / training exersizes

what Ive learned from experienced collectors, is buy the helmet dont buy the story.

?

Agreed, I wouldn't buy a sellers story. Also, I've been collecting helmets for over 30 years and have never seen a training helmet from that era with a red or blue for that matter triangle. In the early 40's(the war years) a training helmet had white chalk numbers written on the front. In the late 40's into the 1960's they used a wooden type comb attached to the top of a helmet which was referred to as the aggressor helmet. I'm sorry but, I'm not convinced this helmet was U.S. in any way other than that it was made in the U.S. But, if your happy with it....

thanks for all the infos, i appreciate .
    regards Roger

on this site M1 Helmet ID, help if you can. - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums our fellow collectors are in the same predicament so they might add something someone is missing. Also I dont think its iraq probably for the war games as collectors on whermacht awards state. - Nick K

Hi
    I am sure you have already tried this but I thought one of my helmets never had a heat stamp number. It is stamped that faintly that I have to dampen it and hold a bright torch at the right angle to make it out. Hope this helps , It is a nice lid you have there.
    Regards rod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2