Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

US M-1 fixed bale "trailblazers"

Article about: hello gents, just thought i'd share this m-1 i picked up at a yard sale yesterday. the helmet at one sale a nambu at another, and 2 bayo's at a 3rd sale. just by asking if they have things n

?

Default US M-1 fixed bale "trailblazers"

US M-1 fixed bale "trailblazers"US M-1 fixed bale "trailblazers"US M-1 fixed bale "trailblazers"US M-1 fixed bale "trailblazers"US M-1 fixed bale "trailblazers"US M-1 fixed bale "trailblazers"US M-1 fixed bale "trailblazers"US M-1 fixed bale "trailblazers"
    hello gents,
    just thought i'd share this m-1 i picked up at a yard sale yesterday. the helmet at one sale a nambu at another, and 2 bayo's at a 3rd sale. just by asking if they have things not put out at the sale.
    i never collected US helmets, so i had no clue wat it was, but for the price, i didnt really care. looked it up when i got home. turns out to be an M-1 front seam with fixed bales. the outer shell is in really nice condition with 99% of the paint still on the steel rim. you can see the stainless steel shine in the missing specks of paint. inside the shell is named to a private in the 275th inf. service co. with his service number. part of the "trailblazers" Rgmt. the unit had an active history. the liner is correct to the 275th, having the white axe head painet on. owners name removed below it for some reason. liner and both chin straps in minty condition. the only thing missing is the top part of the adjustment clip on the liners leather chin strap. i could use one if any one has one? here are some pics.
    andrew

Default Re: US M-1 fixed bale "trailblazers"

Very nice helmet! Ill look for a clip I think i might have one laying around. - Nick K

?

Default Re: US M-1 fixed bale "trailblazers"

Andrew, good to see you back at it; looks like another nice find.

Its a real shame the owners name was removed. Perhaps there is still some hope with a black lite or a negative type deal.

Also interesting you have to ask. Very American Pickers of you.

Regards