Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

US M-1 w/ hawley liner

Article about: Guys, saw this helmet at a local auction house yesterday and left an absentee bid, which I did win. The helmet and liner are not in good shape but the price was right. Thought you'd like to

Hal
    ?

Default US M-1 w/ hawley liner

Guys, saw this helmet at a local auction house yesterday and left an absentee bid, which I did win. The helmet and liner are not in good shape but the price was right. Thought you'd like to have a look. Hal PS; took these pic at the auction preview so they are not the best.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M-1 w/ hawley liner   US M-1 w/ hawley liner  

US M-1 w/ hawley liner   US M-1 w/ hawley liner  

US M-1 w/ hawley liner   US M-1 w/ hawley liner  

US M-1 w/ hawley liner  

Nice 1st pattern hawley liner, quite rare and collectable in any condition, the helmet does not look original to the liner though.

Harry

Nice find Hal,looks to be a Navy lid with late war od7 chinstrap and replacement T1 hook,have seen plenty "Hawley's" worse than this one,good buy at a good price........

?

Great purchase Hal, I agree the liner and shell are not the original pairing,but to own a uber rare Hawley is a wonderful thing

Yes it certainly would be nice Gary to ownits a shame us poor peasants live this side of the pond............

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Yes it certainly would be nice Gary to ownits a shame us poor peasants live this side of the pond............

LOL..yes,I have practically given up on owning a Hawley, but it's always a pleasure to see them on the forum

Hal
    ?

Thanks guys for your comments, and Jake you are right, it is a navy lid ( interior gray ) . Regards, Hal PS; will post better pics when I pick this up at end of week.
    Last edited by Hal; 08-10-2014 at 10:43 PM.