Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US M1 Airborne helmet

Article about: hey guys, i was thinking of getting a new paratrooper helmet but i'm not too sure how much an average helmet would cost, anyone have a clue, its a NAM era paratrooper helmet. Cheers Carl.

Default US M1 Airborne helmet

hey guys, i was thinking of getting a new paratrooper helmet but i'm not too sure how much an average helmet would cost, anyone have a clue, its a NAM era paratrooper helmet.

Cheers Carl.

Default re: US M1 Airborne helmet

the item that i have found says its an m1c, dated 1967.

Default re: US M1 Airborne helmet

anyone know how much the price range is?

?

Default Re: Airborne helmet

hiya mate

it depends on is it complete & all original if so then i would say anything up to £80 which is about AUD $128 but its really down to you as to how much do you want to pay for it ?

Vietnam era M-C helmets are not as rare as WW2 versions & theres still enough unissued parts floating around out there that its easy to put one together for a lot less.

see below pics of one i was lucky enough to pick recently for £70 inc p&p.
    Attached Images Attached Images US M1 Airborne helmet  US M1 Airborne helmet  US M1 Airborne helmet  US M1 Airborne helmet  US M1 Airborne helmet  US M1 Airborne helmet  US M1 Airborne helmet  US M1 Airborne helmet 

Default Re: US M1 Airborne helmet

nice well there is a nice looking airborne helmet name era, and looks pretty new although it is dated 1967,but the price is about 200AUS. here is the link to it US Vietnam M1C Parachutist Helmet Complete - Original (eBay item 370448794033 end time 22-Nov-10 15:56:13 AEDST) : Collectables

You should be able to get one for about $150 but $200 is not unreasonable providing everything is there and in the condition you want it in.

I pieced one together with a unissued 1967 liner for less than a hundred but all nam era pieces.

rgds, Ty

yea true, not only that it is pretty reasonable especially if i was to buy one in US, the postage would basically bring the price back to 200. but i'm not too sure, it looks too new

i'm thinking of getting one before it hits like 2012 so i can secure a airborne helmet before they get more rare.

?

i personally would not pay that for that helmet its way to much theres no history to it as it looks to have been put together all from unissued parts as well as VN era airborne helmets are just not that rare at this point to justify that kind of money !!!!!

for that kind of money i would expect it to have been there done that & to have the soldiers name & all his history to go with it !!

you've also got to ask your self why hasn't i been bought yet if the price is so reasonable !!!!!

but of course this is all just my opinion.

I just looked at it now and i'll have to agree with Nick. An unissued liner with what looks like a probable 1980's pot. Not used and no character no history other than this is a pieced helmet. Notice Nicks chinstraps compared to the one for auction.

rgds, Ty