Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US M1-C Vietnam era Para helmet.

Article about: Hi, just picked up this nice (probably un-issued) US Vietnam era paratroopers helmet. Although the date is worn by the headband it is dated 67 and not any other combination (57/77). Also the

Default US M1-C Vietnam era Para helmet.

Hi, just picked up this nice (probably un-issued) US Vietnam era paratroopers helmet. Although the date is worn by the headband it is dated 67 and not any other combination (57/77). Also the headband is a 67 dated one, but the nape strap is un-readable. It's almost mint and will wear nicely while watching Apocalypse Now! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M1-C Vietnam era Para helmet.   US M1-C Vietnam era Para helmet.  

US M1-C Vietnam era Para helmet.   US M1-C Vietnam era Para helmet.  

Couple of questions for you. What are the markings on the chinstraps (anchor or P?). What does the paint look like on the helmet are there any stamp marks which will help identify the maker of the helmet? What is the contract stamp on the helmet cover? The liner will have a mold in mark in the crown for the maker what is it? It's a very nice looking lid I have a few of these M1Cs from the Vietnam war myself

Are these the sellers images Leon?as there's no way to tell whether the shell has been repainted etc,the Liner is a Marmac industries type 2,was that on ebay or somewhere else?looks good to me.

?

Nice helmet friend.

Morning fella's, these images are mine, I can tell you the chinstrap is a "P" marked type. As for the other questions I will have to get back to you as I am out at the moment but I think the shell and liner are both a lime green colour rather than the darker WW2 shade if memory serves me well. Leon.

Hi chaps, well I had a look for the heat stamp, but I cannot see it at all. The paint is darker than I thought but it looks good to me and the cover is again dated for 1967, the same as the headband and liner suspension. I hope these new images help. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M1-C Vietnam era Para helmet.   US M1-C Vietnam era Para helmet.  

US M1-C Vietnam era Para helmet.  

Hi Leon looking at the helmet the finish appears to be cork not sand but hard to tell from the pic. I would say it was a late ww2 M1. The rust ring on the inside of the shell is probably where the heat stamp is which is a shame. Looks to have have re-painted a few times, it's a very nice lid with bags of character that has had long service. The helmet cover is in really nice condition and 67 dated

From the pics Leon i'm gonna say late ww2 McCord with original paint with Last type Airborne straps produced by Parish from 1969 onwards,nice Mitch cover by the lesser maker and all round good quality Airborne set,well done indeed.