Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

US M1 Camo with flying fish logo

Article about: Hi all, have come across this WW2 M1 helmet and have no idea what it could be, nice camo with purposeful flying fish logo, has anyone ever seen this before?? thanks Mark

?

Default Re: US M1 Camo with flying fish logo

I think I might tickle the bid up a little to get this one, the Hawley and fixed bail sounds interesting, i need to do some research, hopefully no one else is on to it, the only thing that comes up with the key words is the US submarine, it would be a strange camo for the navy I agree, hopefully I will be back with some more pics of under the hood,
    PS Auction houses often get descriptions wrong, I was a little worried it may have been a Viet war lid, me knowing vertually nothing about these US helms, notice the crack in steel at front, a weak point in construction I would say, may be corrected for in later versions??
    cheers
    M

?

I think this may sell for a lot more than the estimate unless you are very lucky.
    The crack is very common on early M1's, as you say it was an early production thing.

Good Luck!

Best Regards,

Andy

(Thanks Rod!!)
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Have just done a crash M1 101 and can see by the rim joint at front its pre late 1943, and fastener is brass buckle prong, so have gone for the phone bid option,
    Fixed bale, Hawley liner, needs a dust off. What should I max outlay on this item???
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M1 Camo with flying fish logo   US M1 Camo with flying fish logo  

US M1 Camo with flying fish logo  
    Last edited by MarkH; 10-19-2012 at 08:37 AM.

I don’t know it’s a matter of opinion how much you should go to.
    The liner webbing and chin strap are pretty shot up but it is an early one by the looks of it, the liner shell itself is in very good condition.
    Going by the pictures you have, we still cant be sure if its period camo or whether the lid chinstraps are repo or its all aged ect.
    I myself like a bargain so would maybe go to around £150 and if didn’t get it fair enough.
    Its your gamble! Put it this way if it is the real mcoy camo and all, it would probably be worth four or five times that. But it would have to be proven I think.
    If the guys want to disagree with me feel free it wont lead to an argument, Mark is just looking for advice.
    Hope this is a little help
    Rod
    Last edited by plumbob; 10-19-2012 at 09:39 PM. Reason: spelling

Look again rod yes there is some damage to the nape and frontal area but what your seeing are the remains of the original rayon sweatband minus the leather and as you stated the fibre shell itself is complete and damage free this would fetch £150-£200 then a £100 for the shell,so £250 would be more realistic price,only an opinion mate,best of luck either way minnie.

I seen all that Dave my friend,
    Its probably with all these repo Hawley’s going about that they give me the jitters. This one looks legit, but it wont be long before the repos are aged like this and passed on as having belonged to Audie Murphy or someone.
    As I said mate I love a bargain.
    All the best
    Rod

?

just got the sucker for $90AUD ie 58 Brit pounds , Thought I may have been lucky as this and about 6 other pieces of militaria were listed in a Fine and Decorative Arts auction in sydney, that had much tribal stuff, will pickup on Monday/ Tue from Sydney and post some new pictures, many thanks for all help. I tend to think USS 229 Flying Fish, visited Aust twice during WW2.
    Mark in Oz
    Last edited by MarkH; 10-20-2012 at 09:25 AM.

100% bargain! well done! Wish it was me.
    look forward to seeing pictures.
    congrats
    Rod

£58 SQUID MARK unbelivable but thats the luck of the hobby concrats to you regards minnie.

NICE CATCH!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast