Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

US m1 Chaplain helmets

Article about: Thought I would start a thread about Chaplain helmets, please post any Chaplain helmets you may own. As a servent to my Lord I have a true respect for the servents' heart of the Chaplain and

I know the thread is for Chaplain helmets but I thought I would post this early 1960’s Chaplains kit.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US m1 Chaplain helmets   US m1 Chaplain helmets  

US m1 Chaplain helmets   US m1 Chaplain helmets  

Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Very nice Marty
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

This a early Vietnam war kit.

In most wars the chaplains provide the troops with support and morale. However, in Vietman many soldiers viewed them as part of the military establishment and were only there to prop you up and send you back out. War is not something any religion promotes, and causes a conflict between the military chaplain’s sense of duty to their country and to their religion. With the soldiers view of the military chaplains roll in Vietnam the chaplaincy lost some creditability. However, the presence and actions of the military chaplain can bring a solider great comfort and support during a very testing situation.
    War is a traumatic experience for all involved. A chaplain can bring some balance between the moral and duty contradictions brought about by war, by keeping some semblance of reality with Sunday services. Their roll as morale booster, counselor and fellow soldier in the same situation as the rest of the unit provides an invaluable service in the most trying of circumstances.

Default 40th Armored Division Chaplains helmet

After its return from the Korean War, the 40th Infantry Division was reorganized on 1 July 1954 as the 40th Armored Division. On 1 December 1967, a major reorganization of the National Guard reduced the Guard to eight combat divisions, with the 40th Armored Division as one of the units designated for inactivation. On 29 January 1968, the Division was eliminated and the 40th Infantry Brigade and 40th Armored Brigade were organized.

Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US m1 Chaplain helmets   US m1 Chaplain helmets  

MAP
    ?

A beautiful example

A new addition?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    A beautiful example

A new addition?
    Thanks Michael,

Yes, it came in this week. I am out of town for 3 months and I did not think I would see it but I came home for 1 day and was able to take a few pictures and of course see the family.

Marty

Fantastic Marty well done mate a wonderful example indeed.congrats.............

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Fantastic Marty well done mate a wonderful example indeed.congrats.............
    Thanks Jake

I should have the thread renamed but I thought I should put this visor here for reference purposes.

WW1 A.E.F Chaplains visor/hat at this moment it is the only known one.

Added for reference. Chaplain posters.

US m1 Chaplain helmets  

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast