Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

US m1 Chaplain helmets

Article about: Thought I would start a thread about Chaplain helmets, please post any Chaplain helmets you may own. As a servent to my Lord I have a true respect for the servents' heart of the Chaplain and

Very nice collection, thanks for sharing.
    Robert

?

I'm glad this got bumped up. You have a marvelous collection of clergy related items.
    Very impressive and to your dedication!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks Phil but my collection is modest compared to others. I pray that I can honor these men and shed light on their service.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Father David Reeson is celebrating his silver jubilee in the Middle East as an active duty lieutenant colonel in the Air Force, serving as Wing Chaplain for the 39th Air Base Wing at Incirlik Airforce Base in Turkey.

The son of Dennis and Darlene (Cusick) Reeson of Fremont, he was born Nov. 13, 1952. He graduated from St. Patrick Grade School and attended Bishop Bergan High School in Fremont. He graduated from Fremont Public High School.

He attended the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and St. Thomas College in St. Paul, Minn. His graduate work and preparation for the priesthood were done at St. Thomas Seminary in Denver and Creighton University in Omaha.

Following his ordination, he was assistant pastor of St. Bernard (1980-84) and Christ the King (1984-1987), both in Omaha. From 1987 to 1995, he served as Director of Vocations for the archdiocese and Campus Ministry at the University of Nebraska at Omaha. He was in residence in at St Pius X in 1987.

He entered the United States Air Force as a reserve chaplain in 1981 and became an active duty chaplain in 1995. He was the Catholic chaplain at Offutt Air Force Base from 1981-1995, and served in Croatia, Macedonia. In 1998, he was granted an extended leave of absence from the Archdiocese of Omaha

His work in the Air Force has taken him to several bases in the United States, as well as Greenland and Turkey.

He will relocate from Turkey to Al Udied, Qatar (near Saudi Arabia) in July 2005."
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture
    Chaplain helmet cold war Chaplain helmet cold war

Chaplain helmet cold war
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US m1 Chaplain helmets   US m1 Chaplain helmets  

US m1 Chaplain helmets   US m1 Chaplain helmets  

US m1 Chaplain helmets  

Very nice helmets.
    Here is my 45th Chaplain's Helmet ID'd to Lt. Col. Harry C. Rynard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US m1 Chaplain helmets   US m1 Chaplain helmets  

This is my only Chaplain helmet but I am honoured to have it in my collection.

He's listed in multiple areas on the 103rd website:

103rd Cactus Division Officers

http://103divwwii.usm.edu/assets/go-1942-1945-date.pdf

http://103divwwii.usm.edu/assets/mr-...hq-by-name.pdf

Mark you know I love this helmet. I’m glad you got it, she is a beaut. I hate knowing this helmet was a few hours from my house. LOL

Marty

Navy chaplain flag with helmet

Books in water proof pouch for chaplain in the field.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US m1 Chaplain helmets  

Late or post war Vietnam era helmet. Manufactured by RJ Stamping with a low dome profile. Unusual to have 2 identification markings, CHAPLAIN printed on the front and a cross on the rear of the helmet. Painted with a sprayed on blue color.

Marty

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast