Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

US m1 Chaplain helmets

Article about: Thought I would start a thread about Chaplain helmets, please post any Chaplain helmets you may own. As a servent to my Lord I have a true respect for the servents' heart of the Chaplain and

MAP
    ?

Another Keeper Marty!

Liking the 3D effect with the shadowing. A pretty hip Chaplain.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Another Keeper Marty!

I haven’t told Ron yet concerning the name I found, I’m waiting to hear back from Geoff if it’s the Chaplain.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Excellent gift for someone who has a passion for these. A true blessing!
    I missed the WW1 pic. That looks awesome. Great background!!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Thank you Phil.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Another Keeper Marty!

Kind of reminds of a Air Force Chaplains cross
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US m1 Chaplain helmets  

Default Vietnam era chaplain helmet

This is a I believe to be a Vietnam Era used helmet. The helmet is a WW2 McCord swivel loop helmet that was reissued post war with sand texture and green Metal clip chinstrap possibilities late Korean War. The chinstrap has a field repair. The cross is painted
    This helmet was named but was recently caught up in a incident and the name was removed and another name was added and the original liner was replaced with a bogus chaplain liner. The helmet was added to a chaplain grouping but the fraud came to light and I was able to acquire both the helmet and grouping to stop at from being pasted off again as a chaplain grouping.
    The fake name was removed and the history of the helmet has now been retained.

Enjoy this nice helmet.

Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US m1 Chaplain helmets   US m1 Chaplain helmets  

US m1 Chaplain helmets   US m1 Chaplain helmets  

US m1 Chaplain helmets  

Default 9th AirCorp Chaplain helmet

Captain CH Werner Anthony Rauh. 4/15/1904-2/17/1959. Rev Werner served as a Army Chaplain from 1942-1946. He served with the 9th Army AirCorp and the 466th truck Reg.
    The helmet is a plain Jane fixed loop McCord helmet with early cast brass buckle and early pointed J hook with a Westinghouse liner with Captain bars on the front. He named is written on the sweatband and inside the helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US m1 Chaplain helmets   US m1 Chaplain helmets  

US m1 Chaplain helmets  

This guy is hard to research without paying Golden Arrow Research. Trying to find out if this is possibly a D-day Chaplain, he was with the 466th Truck Reg. And I’m not sure which group but part of the 466th landed on D-day.

?

I love these Chaplain helmets. Thanks for taking the time out of your day to show these to us!

Chaplain Rauh graduation picture
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US m1 Chaplain helmets  

MAP
    ?

Nice looking helmet Marty. Interesting that he didn't put a Chaplains cross on it.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast