Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Us M1 helmet

Article about: Hi, found this helmet for sale on a surplus store for 30 euros, its not much, i know the photos arent the best quality but i need the opinion of all of you guys, is it an original M1 or is i

Default Us M1 helmet

Hi, found this helmet for sale on a surplus store for 30 euros, its not much, i know the photos arent the best quality but i need the opinion of all of you guys, is it an original M1 or is it a clone?
    Best regards
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Us M1 helmet   Us M1 helmet  

Us M1 helmet  

Default Re: Us M1 helmet

it's a Euro clone, probably Belgian or Dutch , does the steel shell have any type of stampings or markings? like US CH or VDN?

http://hem.bredband.net/runmat/dictionary.html

By the look of the green 'cloth' liner chinstrap, (tucked into the liner)
    it's Belgian....

Regards, Steve.

?

Again there is a lot of these doing the rounds at the moment, due to most Nato and other European countries moving away from harden steel combat helmets to ones based around Kevlar or similar. Most surplus wholesalers seem to have ether Belgian, Dutch or other European M1 clones in there stores at the moment. So as Michael Caine would probably say, if they made a film about it.

"Clone M1's fousands of um"

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Quote by battle gear View Post
    it's a Euro clone, probably Belgian or Dutch , does the steel shell have any type of stampings or markings? like US CH or VDN?

Helmet dictionary
    I requested some online information from helmet and these are the photos the seller as provided me, as far as know it doesnt have any markings.
    Thanks for all the replys guys.
    Best regards
    Nuno