MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

US m1 helmet

Article about: inside the helmet. looks like it have bin painted.

?

Default Re: US m1 helmet

inside the helmet. looks like it have bin painted.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US m1 helmet  

?

the shell is a fixed bail front seamed WW2 shell that's been re-painted several times this is not a paratroopers helmet as it has no characteristics of an airborne helmet & the liner is also WW2 but the leather head band in it is post WW2.

It looks like the multiple paintjobs on my front seam swivel bail. I had it for ten years before discovering last night that it was a front seam. I had it under an 80's cloth camo cover with a 60's liner. I never paid attention to it before last night as it was almost a door stop since I paid one dollar for the steel pot.

?

depending on condition some people will attempt the remove the newer layers of paint to see if anything remains of the original paint.

?

thanks for all the responses I have received. I think I will try to remove the paint on the pot and if its ugly i will polish it with fine sandpaper.end get some new paint on ebay. i did pay 258 dollar for it. bad price ?
    He got it at a fair in france.
    so you all think the red AP and K-9 i writen on after ww2?

?

258 dollars way to much money for one in this condition you can buy one in original untouched WW2 one for that price this will only sell for about 50 to 60 dollars at the most sorry but you've been ripped off

I am sorry to have to agree with NickD, Preben. At least here in the US, these are common enough that you can get a decent one for less than 100 dollars all original. My swivel bail was 1 dollar, but that is because i got it at a scrap yard as I did some German and Austrian WWI shells back in the early 80's for the price of steel scrap. That is highly unusual, but the one I have is in poor condition and would probably go for 10 to 20 dollars at most.

the man who told you it was a paratrooper helmet either did not know anything about helmets or deliberately decieved you. I would try to get my money back. I am sure there are people on this and other forums who could get you one as good as yours for much, much less.

?

The man i got it from only collect german ww2. so he didnt know any think about the helmet. he did think it was a paratrooper helmet.

if i get a helmet on Ebay i have to pay like 50$ in shipping to norway so it will get a little more expensive for me anyway.

but thanks for all the responses.
    maybe try to get the money back tomorrow.

?

if you can get your money back then do so you can do so much better for that kind of money ebay can have some very good bargains from time to time you just need to be patient take your time & you will get a good one

?

thanks for all the help
    I sent him an email now to try to get my money back tomorrow.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast