Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Us m1 helmet - any information would be appreciated

Article about: Hello, I purchased this US M1 Helmet. I am assuming it is a McCord since there is no "S" underneath. The steel shell is marked 557B under the front brim. The liner is a high pressu

Default Us m1 helmet - any information would be appreciated

Hello, I purchased this US M1 Helmet. I am assuming it is a McCord since there is no "S" underneath. The steel shell is marked 557B under the front brim. The liner is a high pressure Capac according to the marking underneath.
    Can anyone tell me what YEAR it was made?
    Is the liner correct for the steel shell?
    Does the helmet and liner appear authentic?
    Approx what is it worth in the USA?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Us m1 helmet - any information would be appreciated   Us m1 helmet - any information would be appreciated  

Us m1 helmet - any information would be appreciated   Us m1 helmet - any information would be appreciated  

Us m1 helmet - any information would be appreciated   Us m1 helmet - any information would be appreciated  

Default Re: Us m1 helmet - any information would be appreciated

Liner is a good ww2 issue and shell is a good fixed bail one, they make a good match, in the US i dont know the value, but here in portugal these usually go for 150 +

Here are a few more pics. The other interesting part is that the nape is a two piece, not one piece.
    It looks like the stap is marked 1945 (upper right).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Us m1 helmet - any information would be appreciated   Us m1 helmet - any information would be appreciated  

Thank you for the info so far.
    Hopefully someone will know the year of manufact. of the shell.

?

Hi Anton,
    Nice lid. Based on the lot number this helmet was produced around June or July of 1943.

Quote by yuengling325 View Post
    Hi Anton,
    Nice lid. Based on the lot number this helmet was produced around June or July of 1943.
    Hi mate, agreed 1943.
    Anton take a look at this page, maybe it can help.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Dating the M1 Steel Helmet

Thank you for the info Yuengling325 and NunoGTI. The site is helpful but it doesnt give dates based on lot numbers. Is there a site that does that? If not, where do you get that info?
    Also Yuengling, what do you think about value?

?

Anton,
    Battle Gear has shown the exact chart I used. This can be found in the book 'Helmets of the ETO' which is a great resource for anyone collecting WWII era M1 helmets.

Amazon.com: HELMETS OF ETO: A Historical and Technical Guide (9782352500629): Regis Giard: Books

As for value, this can vary. Your lid is pretty complete including the paint/corking as well as the liner and it's components. Value can range from $150 as Nuno has suggested up to $250 depending on the buyer.

Regardless, it is a nice lid to own!

Thanks for the info Yuengling 325.

That adjustable nape strap maybe a later add on.It looks like the liner has green painted "A" washers which are mid war date.