Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Us m1 helmet - authentic?

Article about: Hello, I am considering purchasing this helmet. It has fixed bales and front seam circa WWII. The only thing that bothers me is the paint. Any opinions as to the paint and also value? Thanks

Default Us m1 helmet - authentic?

Hello, I am considering purchasing this helmet. It has fixed bales and front seam circa WWII. The only thing that bothers me is the paint. Any opinions as to the paint and also value?
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Us m1 helmet - authentic?   Us m1 helmet - authentic?  

Us m1 helmet - authentic?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Us m1 helmet - authentic?  Us m1 helmet - authentic? 

Default Re: Us m1 helmet - authentic?

It's been recorked and repainted.As for value i'd have to see the inside of the liner. I can't tell from the pics if it's WWII vintage or later. Looks like the chinstraps are repro too.JMHO
    Last edited by Mountaineer; 02-28-2011 at 12:06 AM.

?

I would like to see the stitching on the chin straps please.
    Thanks
    SteveR

Sorry, these are all of the pics I have.
    The paint is what is bothering me the most.
    It is a shame because it IS a fixed bale helmet.

?

if you're looking for an untouched WW2 US helmet DO NOT buy this one as already said the shell has been repainted quite recently & very badly, the chin strap on both the shell & liner are repro & theres a chance even the fixed bails are fake as its quite easy these days to buy them & change swivel bail shells to the fixed bail version in short save your money.

Nick's right. Save your money and buy an ORIGINAL fixed bail helmet that's unmessed with. There's plenty of them out there. It's better to pay a little more and get something you don't have to wonder about later.