Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US M1 Helmet Date unknown

Article about: HI guys around 5 or 6 years ago on a visit to Sainte-Mère-Église Normandy, I bought a US M1 helmet. I paid around 45 euros for it at the time and it came with no information. I can see a ver

Default US M1 Helmet Date unknown

HI guys around 5 or 6 years ago on a visit to Sainte-Mère-Église Normandy, I bought a US M1 helmet. I paid around 45 euros for it at the time and it came with no information. I can see a very faint D stamped into the steel on the inside about two inches about the rim seal join at the rear.
    Please take time to look and let me know what you guys think.

I personal don’t think I’m lucky enough to own a real world war relic.

Thanks in advance DF
    US M1 Helmet Date unknownUS M1 Helmet Date unknownUS M1 Helmet Date unknownUS M1 Helmet Date unknownUS M1 Helmet Date unknownUS M1 Helmet Date unknownUS M1 Helmet Date unknownUS M1 Helmet Date unknownUS M1 Helmet Date unknown

NCA
    ?

Default Re: US M1 Helmet Date unknown

Sorry to break it to you but your lid is a european copy of a US m1

The camo cover is US though..Late 70's- early 80's.

?

Do yourself a favor, and never buy militaria from a "famous" battle zone unless you really know what you're buying. I'm afraid you've been scammed, it's not a wartime M1, infact, it's not even an M1, it's a European post war version, from the Netherlands M53 to be precise: .: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 53 :.

Martin.

Thanks guys i had kinda guess it wasnt a real one when i couldnt find any markings on it.and to be fare to the place i bought it, it was just labled steel helmet. but it still looks kind of cool next to my M38 reproduction Fallschirmjäger Helmet.

?

Take off the cover, and it'll look like a wartime M1 to the untrained eye

Martin

?

Quote by Darth Fluffy View Post
    Thanks guys i had kinda guess it wasnt a real one when i couldnt find any markings on it.and to be fare to the place i bought it, it was just labled steel helmet. but it still looks kind of cool next to my M38 reproduction Fallschirmjäger Helmet.
    As long as you didn't pay too much for this, it's OK as a display item.
    These shops around the D-Day landing areas can really screw the tourists and the unwary.

Andy

I paid 45.00 euros back in 2008 for it, based on the exchange rates for the time i was over there . it works out i paid around £35.00 GBP for it. i'm not suprised it is'nt real , i did think its was to cheap for a real one at the time.

DF

?

All of the shops in Sainte-Mère-Église are very very over priced and designed to trap the tourists. Did you go into the one called Static Line?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

One piece of rust from Sainte mere eglise 200$
    Stay away from those shops ,they do not care about history or the vets only about money.
    I really do not like them.
    chris

yes we went into static line , a mate bought a US cav saber there. i bought the helmet in butler's. and a Fallschirmjäger smock in a shop on rue du general koenig named US surplus ?. i would love to go back over some time. i really enjoyed it there walking in the foot prints of heroes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast