Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

US M1 Helmet Liner 58

Article about: Rene i meant to ask you when you started this particular thread why you refer to this type as the 58 liner?when this again is something thats been invented within the collecting world,correc

Default Re: US M1 Helmet Liner 58

Rene i meant to ask you when you started this particular thread why you refer to this type as the 58 liner?when this again is something thats been invented within the collecting world,correct terminology as written are simply known as the program 55 type as this was when the first contract was issued to westinghouse,regards minnie.

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    Rene i meant to ask you when you started this particular thread why you refer to this type as the 58 liner?when this again is something thats been invented within the collecting world,correct terminology as written are simply known as the program 55 type as this was when the first contract was issued to westinghouse,regards minnie.
    Well it's year the liner webbing changed from herringbone to the thicker cotton webbing

G'day All
    Here's a 52-53 liner capac (with a 58 webbing type nape strap that I added) I dug out from my lot.
    And a shell with a heat stamp MWA36, looks US and I figure VN period mfg?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2