Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

US M1 helmet liner.

Article about: Does anyone hold a patent on the M1 helmet liner? I know Westinghouse made the most of them during WWII. I was told they hold the patent on the liner, is that true?

Default US M1 helmet liner.

Does anyone hold a patent on the M1 helmet liner? I know Westinghouse made the most of them during WWII. I was told they hold the patent on the liner, is that true?

MAP
    ?

If anyone did hold a patent, it's probably expired by now. Patents typically on last 14 to 20 years (in the US)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    If anyone did hold a patent, it's probably expired by now. Patents typically on last 14 to 20 years (in the US)
    Thanks, but what I wanted to know is if anyone held a patent for the original liner. I was told it was Westinghouse.

As this is not an introduction, I have moved your thread to the correct section of the forum.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I am not sure if Anyone other than the government held the patent. Hawley was the first using the Riddle suspension. But then the low pressure liner was introduced in early 42 after the Hawley liner did not hold up very well. After the low pressure liner the high pressure liner came along in mid 42. Yes Westinghouse made the most but not sure if Westinghouse held the patent.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

YouTube

I have not watched this video in years and believe it is a multiple part series. The videos are very informative.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td