Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US M1 Helmet; Year?

Article about: Hallo everybody! First of all it is my first post in this forum It´s quite interesting to read here Here you see an old US (?) M1 helmet, which I bought in Poland about 10 years ago. The sal

Default US M1 Helmet; Year?

Hallo everybody! First of all it is my first post in this forum It´s quite interesting to read here

Here you see an old US (?) M1 helmet, which I bought in Poland about 10 years ago. The salesman told me that this helmet was used during the Korean war...But I don´t thinks so.

Here some facts: the helmet got an sand texture, is rear seam, swivel bale with a steel rim. In the rear of the helmet there is a stamp with "MAC" and inside the helmet there is no stamp, inside the helmet liner also-> Probably an indication that this helmet isn´t a real US Army helmet? Inside the helmet liner you can read a writing: SGT v/0 Berg. I don´t know what this means... Maybe someone can tell me more about this helmet and the year of production? Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M1 Helmet; Year?   US M1 Helmet; Year?  

US M1 Helmet; Year?   US M1 Helmet; Year?  

US M1 Helmet; Year?   US M1 Helmet; Year?  

P.S. You can also see that the colour of the helmet inside is a bit brighter in comparison to the outside!

I think it's a Dutch M51 helmet; at least the liner is. The shell might be stamped with maker and year somewhere on the rim on the inside. Dutch shells were smooth finish though.

Thanks for your quick response I will look it up!

Ok. The shell is stamp, but you can hardly see. With a very bright torch you can see the number 8721. The liner is also stamp with EC NL 77...Sorry for my bad investigation and observation about the helmet-_-. On the rim is something stamped but you couldn´t read the numbers etc. You only see that something is stamped. Ok so it is a typical "Euroclone" of an M1.

Quote by earlymb View Post
    I think it's a Dutch M51 helmet; at least the liner is. The shell might be stamped with maker and year somewhere on the rim on the inside. Dutch shells were smooth finish though.
    I made a typo, that should be M53.