Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

US M1 Help required with Markings

Article about: Hi. Here's my my latest post. This M1 (rear seam) has what i suspect to be a USAAF marking on the front, the rear of this lid, has some weird markings too! I believe the markings to be authe

Default Re: US M1 Help required with Markings

All I can show is a site on rank if that is any good?

Air Force Rank Insignia

But what you really need is something from the 1950's showing photos of uniform and insignia in wear.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    All I can show is a site on rank if that is any good?

Air Force Rank Insignia

But what you really need is something from the 1950's showing photos of uniform and insignia in wear.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade,

Thanks mate, that's great info.....hopefully somebody will be able to help with this, thanks for the link though.

Cheers
    Gaz

?

Quote by gaz232sqn View Post
    Hi Nick,

Yeah, i watched it for while ,and then thought , ah go for it ...might turn out to be front seam or my latest obsession M1's with that cool "S" in it....... to be honest as soon as it turned up.. out came the wet n dry , to find a heat stamp... phew i found it...

Cost way more than i wanted to pay though!!!

Two M1's turned up today, i will put the other on to show ya, the other's a front seam with firestone liner......again cost a bl***y fortune... oh god , my poor bank balance

Cheers mate.

Gaz
    hiya mate

i dident watch all the way to the end so i dident see how much it went for but im sure if you remove that sponge from it & add a WW2 liner you'll easily get that money back if you were ever to sell it which if it was me i wouldent

cant wait to see the others you have got i know were you are coming from on the cost ive had to pass up so many really nice M-1's as i just cant afford it but i do have one i managed to snap up one that might be a steal which i'll post about when it comes

Quote by NickD View Post
    hiya mate

i dident watch all the way to the end so i dident see how much it went for but im sure if you remove that sponge from it & add a WW2 liner you'll easily get that money back if you were ever to sell it which if it was me i wouldent

cant wait to see the others you have got i know were you are coming from on the cost ive had to pass up so many really nice M-1's as i just cant afford it but i do have one i managed to snap up one that might be a steal which i'll post about when it comes
    Hi Nick,

I paid £30 which is more than i wanted to pay, and today i gonna get rid of "sponge bobs" liner and see what's underneath.

I also if i have time post my latest lid, which i hope is worth the money invested into it, if not i will be gutted.....

cheers
    Gaz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2