Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US m1 korea /vietnam era?(erotic artwork!!)

Article about: Here,goes!!!

Default US m1 korea /vietnam era?(erotic artwork!!)

Hello fella's, i just picked this M1 up for peanuts out of a junk shop in the UK.To be honest i don't much care if the artwork is contempory to the helmet cover as i think it looks great!! The cover is not dated unfortunatly but it's liner is manufactured by CAPAC and numbered around the cross 51/52, with a D39 set below and WO in a circle set above.I think this is nearer date to a Korea era manufacture but if anyone knows for sure your input would be greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US m1 korea /vietnam era?(erotic artwork!!)   US m1 korea /vietnam era?(erotic artwork!!)  

US m1 korea /vietnam era?(erotic artwork!!)   US m1 korea /vietnam era?(erotic artwork!!)  

?

Default Re: US m1 korea /vietnam era?(erotic artwork!!)

Thats a nice one! I believe the liner was manufactured by Westinghouse using WW2 Capac molds in the early 1950's.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Thanks for that info, most usefull.

NCA
    ?

These type of liners are from around 1951-54.The two marks are from Westinghouse and Capac.The cover is from the late 60's early 70's.
    Westinghouse leased their molds to Capac when production was stepped up for the Korean war.The dates were added when the molds were modified.Does the steel helmet have a seam joined at the front on the rim?

Hi, the seam is at the front of the hemet,i have looked for a heat stamp but i cannot see any sign of one.

?

Westinghouse leased their molds to Capac when production was stepped up for the Korean war

Oops, I got it the wrong way round! Thanks for putting me right NCA

Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

nice complete set up cheers dave.

NCA
    ?

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    Westinghouse leased their molds to Capac when production was stepped up for the Korean war

Oops, I got it the wrong way round! Thanks for putting me right NCA

Regards,

Andy
    I think thats more or less right.I got the info from Reynosa's book on post war m1s.

Front seam makes it a ww2 shell then.

?

Quote by NCA View Post
    I think thats more or less right.I got the info from Reynosa's book on post war m1s.

Front seam makes it a ww2 shell then.
    I am certainly not going to argue with Mr Renosa!
    I had always thought it was the other way, but if the date is around the Capac cross then I should have realised it was a Capac refurb/manufacture. Funny how I get these little inacuracies stuck in my head sometimes.
    With these I have always believed that the refurbed ones do not have the Micarta marks, while the 1950's produced ones do. Is this correct?

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Give me a couple of minutes and i will post a picture of the marks for you all to examine!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast