MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US M1 liner from 1945 with korean war parts?!

Article about: Hello I found this liner on the german ebay kleinanzeigen and I am not shure about it It is made from Seaman paper co. and made 1945 says the sweatband It seems all good exept for the olive

Default US M1 liner from 1945 with korean war parts?!

Hello
    I bought this liner on the german ebay kleinanzeigen for 15€ include delivery and I am not shure about it
    It is made from Seaman paper co. and made 1945 says the sweatband
    It seems all good exept for the olive patts like the leatherband and the band in the middle
    I have never seen this combination before and I am not shure if its original?
    Have I made a good deal?
    I know myself with these helmets pretty good ,but unfortunately I know not here

I hope someone can help to identify this liner
    Best regards
    Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M1 liner from 1945 with korean war parts?!   US M1 liner from 1945 with korean war parts?!  

US M1 liner from 1945 with korean war parts?!   US M1 liner from 1945 with korean war parts?!  

US M1 liner from 1945 with korean war parts?!   US M1 liner from 1945 with korean war parts?!  

US M1 liner from 1945 with korean war parts?!  

?

It just appears to be a late-war sweatband fitted to an earlier wartime liner. No problem with that at all.
    Bear in mind, these things remained in service for many years and were constantly getting repaired and refurbished as parts wore out.
    It’s a pity about the damage to the nape strap and possible re-spray (though that’s just part of the refurbishment), but otherwise certainly a nice buy at €15!
    Just the thing to finish off a late-War shell...
    Bob

There appears to be a name written inside (just visible).

Hello
    Thanks for the comment
    I thought something on the sweatband is scrached in a name but there is no my mistake

?

In photos 4 & 5, there appears to be ‘R E’ or ‘P E’ (with, perhaps, more either side), written in marker pen on the crown of the liner itself.

Bob

Oh
    I see it to yet
    Thank you very much
    Regards

Yeah post ww2 sweatband and tie string. pity about the webbing, original sweatbands and tie string are still available not cheap though, ensure the leather is supple with original clips.

Not much to add, the other guys did a great job in answering your questions. Nice pickup and good price.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

As a rule i always pick up odd sweatbands, chinstraps when they are available to complete liners and lids even nape straps and chinstraps. nice to have a supply just in case.

I make the same with german linerparts to complete my shells
    who knows when you still need the parts

Cheap bargain Bavarian, it might be tempting to remove the horrible black paint and repainted it in correct OD, but if you have an M1 shell you need a liner to complete then this is fine and not bad news for your wallet!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast