Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US M1 painted lid?

Article about: iv had this nearly thirty years,i was told it was more than likely picked up from the former usaaf base that we now farm on, some time after the war .. has no liner but has the original stra

Default US M1 painted lid?

iv had this nearly thirty years,i was told it was more than likely picked up from the former usaaf base that we now farm on, some time after the war .. has no liner but has the original straps, and a rather odd paint job!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M1 painted lid?  

Default Re: m1 painted lid?

Odd indeed! I have no idea what it's supposed to be. How'd you come about it?

it came from an elderly gentlman who lived up on the aerodrome after the war, many peaple moved in to the old accomodation areas following the war until it was sold and turned back to farm land in the early sixtys...

Jeezz...I hope someone comes up with something. I, as well as you, would like to know. An odd paint job for sure!! I have never seen anything like it. Again,now is the time for the pro's to speak up.

?

well so far in all my searches of M1 helmets ive never come across this type of paint job so my theories are 1) if era paint maybe training helmet of some sort, 2) post war paint job by someone messing around or 3) foreign use. probaly none of those it all looks to roughly done to be of serious use?????

out of interest is it front seamed & or fixed bail / swivel bail ????

looks like something used by a circus or carnival? almost looks like something a clown would wear during a circus act?

?

well i passed on the pic to someone that would know if this was war time or not & this is what he said lol

I think that was done by somone on drugs!! So I'm guessing if it was period then its a Vietnam funky design in other words I dont' know!!!
    so im guessing someone messing around with it post war

maybe it's a war protestor's helmet from the 1960's ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M1 painted lid?  

?

possible i spose Vietnam war protest helmet of some sort ??????

Could it have been an umpires helmet used in exercises? But the paint work is strange, the white band appears reasonably executed, whereas the red is just random splodges.... weird.

Flummoxed, Ned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast