Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Us m1, wwii??

Article about: Hi guys, I'm quite a newbie when it comes to spotting genuine wwII period US helmets, anyone who can tell me more about this helmet I've only got these two photos right now, I've already ask

Default Us m1, wwii??

Hi guys,

I'm quite a newbie when it comes to spotting genuine wwII period US helmets, anyone who can tell me more about this helmet

Us m1, wwii??Us m1, wwii??

I've only got these two photos right now, I've already asked the seller for more photos, but she is an older lady and selling it quite cheap, so I dont really expect to get more photos.

rgds
    Mads

Default Re: Us m1, wwii??

Got 2 more photos:

Us m1, wwii??Us m1, wwii??

Ww2 deffo.postwar repaint by the looks of it,weird rivoted chinstraps maybe field repair,at least its complete,regards minnie.

The lady is also selling a swedish m37 that she thought was a british paratrooper helmet, she claims that it was brought to Denmark by the "Danish Brigade" when they returned from their exile in Sweden. So the M1 could be from the brigade as well.

Here are some photos from the brigade when the arrived in Elsinore 6th of May 45:

Us m1, wwii??Us m1, wwii??Us m1, wwii??

fixed bail (1943), perhaps someone replaced the chinstrap like this.... Like moaning said: post war paint.
    what´s the price?

Greetings

EDIT: Look at the background? I don´t think that this is the basement of the old lady?

25 dollars

EDIT: Maybe she is selling it for someone, all her other stuff are sewing kits, old coffe cups, plates etc. Googled her name as well, she is member of the local senior club and a local bridge club.

go for it

Cheers!

Mads

Something doesn't look right to me about this lid, especially the way the liner fits into the shell... without seeing better pictures, I fear that it may be a M1 euro clone...

I thought that too (because of the chainstraps) but I never saw a clone with a front seam?
    Greetings

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast