Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Us m1, wwii??

Article about: Hi guys, I'm quite a newbie when it comes to spotting genuine wwII period US helmets, anyone who can tell me more about this helmet I've only got these two photos right now, I've already ask

?

Default Re: Us m1, wwii??

looks like a euro clone.... and the seam doesn't look to be right in the middle of the visor....

Quote by Luxembourg View Post
    I thought that too (because of the chainstraps) but I never saw a clone with a front seam?
    Greetings
    Yeah idk... the wear to the leather chinstrap doesn't look right to me either. I don't think it's a reproduction, but I think it's not WWII USGI.

?

Quote by LarryC View Post
    looks like a euro clone.... and the seam doesn't look to be right in the middle of the visor....
    they're not always in the middle of the visor they can be off center.

?

looks to be a fixed bail US M-1 shell not sure about the liner would need better pic's could be US though ?

?

It looks like a US liner, the manufacturers stamp would settle it though.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Now I bought it, I'll take some photos and post them here next week when I receive it.

Shell looks like a McCord, and liner has the feel of a Euroclone, but better pics will tell. As for the chinstraps, it was common for many of the US M1's that were given to friendly/allied nations to rivet replacement straps on. If I recall correctly, the Danes were well known to do this before the various "Euroclone" helmets began production in Europe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2