Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

US veitnam era M1,s

Article about: just thought i would post my m1 for veiwing. there been some intrest lately on the site in these helmets. i like this helmet i think its complete untouched. since the veitnam war. but the li

?

Default Re: US veitnam era M1,s

The first one shown looks to be spot on for Vietnam I think, green painted buckles with an anchor stamp I think denote early sixties? Nice been there cover too.
    I'd be happy to have that one.

Andy

Edit:

Green painted T1 chinstraps are Korean war era I believe.

yea i think that would be right, with the first helmet. thanks for the imput on this. that helmet is one i like a lot.

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Nice lids geegee oh the infamous korean capac para- liner never quite sure about these,there always a tuff one to call,still good to the eye thou.....Jake.
    thanks jake. yea im a bit on the fence with that one too.

Andy mate that buckle isn't green its just the way the pics been taken,incidently "NORTH&JUDD"did produce the 50's olive drab painted steel type but rarely added the anchor stamp,this is usually always associated with the 66-69 black steel buckle with rounded end and a mildew inhibitor,the company was taken over by Gulf & Western Inc in 69 thats when the logo was dropped but there was enough stock that continued well into the mid-70's hence why there are so many for sale on ebay.the "P" stamped Parish straps are from the same period-68-70......Jake.

so the paint on the front and the back of the buckle is called a olive drab paint not drab green

Yes correct GeeGee..the 50's buckles are a differant shape.i've seen many recently that have had the buckles painted but im not convinced to there originality at all,also the early 61-65 straps are less common these ones have a brass buckle instead of steel.....Jake.

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Andy mate that buckle isn't green its just the way the pics been taken,incidently "NORTH&JUDD"did produce the 50's olive drab painted steel type but rarely added the anchor stamp,this is usually always associated with the 66-69 black steel buckle with rounded end and a mildew inhibitor,the company was taken over by Gulf & Western Inc in 69 thats when the logo was dropped but there was enough stock that continued well into the mid-70's hence why there are so many for sale on ebay.the "P" stamped Parish straps are from the same period-68-70......Jake.
    Now I'm confused rudders. It looks green to me!

Andy

US veitnam era M1,s

US veitnam era M1,s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2