Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Us Vietnam Helmet

Article about: im no expert just going on my gut feeling cant really say about the liner paint job maybe he did it him self as for whether its NAM used possible its a shame i cant find any info on him as t

?

Default Re: Us Vietnam Helmet

im no expert just going on my gut feeling

cant really say about the liner paint job maybe he did it him self as for whether its NAM used possible its a shame i cant find any info on him as that would of helped allot.

?

ive sent a link of this thread to a friend of mine who knows allot more then me about NAM used helmets I'll let ya know his thoughts.

Thanks a lot for your help Nick! yeah let it me know, that would be great
    Greeting from Luxembourg
    Alex

?

ok he's got back to me & he's how should i put this not to fond of it also can you get a pick of the stamp on the inside of the cover as 65 is the wrong date for this type of cover.

Sorry Nick that english was too high for me :$ can you repeat this? :$

?

my friend i showed it to didn't like it & the 65 you gave as the date of the cover is wrong there is a stamp on the brown side of the cover that can be used to date it correctly so if you could provide a picture of this stamp i'll be able to give you correct date.

aaah okay sorry so what else did he say? yes I post a picture of the stamp, one moment

So here it is. I don´t know in which forum it was, but i found that Contract no 8133 is early 65
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Us Vietnam Helmet  

?

yeah i know the forum where you found this date but its been brought to light that there are some aspects of dating these contract numbers is wrong. your cover is what called a long flap version which means the area around where the cover meets the chin strap bail has a gap were as if it was a short flap version you would have to either cut a hole in the cover for the chin strap to pass through or bunch it up around the chin strap area (see pictures below).

yours being the long flapped version came in to use 1969 onwards.

hope this makes some kind of sense ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Us Vietnam Helmet   Us Vietnam Helmet  

Wow okay thanks a lot Nick for the correction! Mh okay interesting, I have such a helmet with cover. So any other infos? I don´t want to suck you..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast