Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

US Vietnam Paratrooper Helmet

Article about: Wow thanks Dave, that really helped me!! Amazing...! I appreciate your help! by moaning minnie and this seems to be the correct time frame that dates with the shell One question, how do you

Default Re: US Vietnam Paratrooper Helmet

Wow thanks Dave, that really helped me!! Amazing...! I appreciate your help!

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    and this seems to be the correct time frame that dates with the shell
    One question, how do you know that? Because it is a ww2 shell.

So the chance is high that it belongs completely together and isn't a put together?

Greetings

Anytime mate!!! we are all here to help and learn a little along the way too,best regards Dave aka minnie.

Quote by Luxembourg View Post

One question, how do you know that? Because it is a ww2 shell.

So the chance is high that it belongs completely together and isn't a put together?

Greetings
    ? :-)

nice lid and can i say ive never seen the double chinstrap/cup arrangement before ,very unusual regards james

old thread, but ive seen pictures showing troops in vietnam wearing a leather and web chin cup hanging from their helmet. speculation that they were issued a used liner and were given both chin cups... anyways whats with the snap circle on the back of the strap? that ive never seen before?US Vietnam Paratrooper Helmet

Nice all together M1C,personally if anyone is after getting a Nam period Airborne M1 try and get one with North & Judd made straps as these were the primary makers during this period,as Parish chinstraps seem to have been produced some time after they had contracts to produce the steel shell.these chinstraps in Infantry and Airborne configeration are being sold un-issued on ebay,bought from exhausted Canadian Army stocks,these straps were made all the way into the 1980's so it would be difficult to know exactly what time frame they were added.luv the double type chin cup,Jeepcreep what strap are you referring too?.................

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Nice all together M1C,personally if anyone is after getting a Nam period Airborne M1 try and get one with North & Judd made straps as these were the primary makers during this period,as Parish chinstraps seem to have been produced some time after they had contracts to produce the steel shell.these chinstraps in Infantry and Airborne configeration are being sold un-issued on ebay,bought from exhausted Canadian Army stocks,these straps were made all the way into the 1980's so it would be difficult to know exactly what time frame they were added.luv the double type chin cup,Jeepcreep what strap are you referring too?.................
    i mean they have a thing on the back of the strap, i know its the back of the snap but why is it there? ive never seen it before

US Vietnam Paratrooper HelmetUS Vietnam Paratrooper Helmet

do you mean where chinstraps extend further than normal to terminate up into the shell sides ?

Quote by James C View Post
    do you mean where chinstraps extend further than normal to terminate up into the shell sides ?
    no i know AB helmets snap into their liners... but the male snap has a back on the outside of the strap. all ive seen have it not visible its between the layers of webbing. so why is it like this instead of between the layers?

unless thats how these "messed up" straps were like Colonel Moore's were which is accurately shown in the movie We Were Soldiers...

US Vietnam Paratrooper Helmet

Well I've never seen that before and I do not really have an answer,all "P" stamped chinstraps don't have the male stud continue completely through the webbing like the one shown here,also notice how the "P" is reversed on the stamping so either these could be early types or very late modifications,or production faulty etc,other than that I can't add any more at this precise moment.............

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast