Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

US ww2 helmet?

Article about: by NCA The liner looks to have the insignia for the 4th Infantry Division.What is the white mark on the side? It hard to tell, but can be a regiment symbol?

Default Re: US ww2 helmet?

Quote by NCA View Post
    The liner looks to have the insignia for the 4th Infantry Division.What is the white mark on the side?
    It hard to tell, but can be a regiment symbol?

I agree with everyone here, 1950's for sure.

?

It is a front seam, i used my mag on the picture, clearly shows seam at mid line

?

well not sure how you see a front seam Ive magnified the pictures & they're not clear enough to see one ?

?

Hi Nick, the single picture of the shell shows the seam better than all the others , but there is definately a line on the rim mid centre, which suggests to me front seam

I've cranked the resolution way up and blew the photo up x4. I see the line I think your talking about Dave but it's just not clear enough {on my photo} for me to draw the same conclusion. Also, with the photo enhanced, I'm still not seeing any signs if stainless steel on the rim either, yet the rest of the shell has normal signs of wear, which is highly unusual on any front seem.

Without better pics to confirm, I see it as a rear seam as well. If you look at the first photo where the seller is holding it up, it appears that the seam iin the rear has that small indentation where the pieces meet and are welded on. The side markings on the liner look like the Regimental DUI decals, but not clear enough to make out which.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2