Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

USMC cover with bug net

Article about: by Mountaineer I like it Nick. Is it hard to get that net stuffed under the liner ? I'll be looking for one of these on ebay. It's not hard as I've just found out but you have to make slits

Default Re: USMC cover with bug net

Quote by Mountaineer View Post
    I like it Nick. Is it hard to get that net stuffed under the liner ? I'll be looking for one of these on ebay.
    It's not hard as I've just found out but you have to make slits for the straps, the way I have mine on the my helmet is the correct position for netting use (these are not made as helmet covers directly)

?

they're a bit of a pain but they will fit OK with a bit of adjusting the only problem Ive found is that the liner slips out very easily because of the netting !

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Got mine on a little better
    that looks so much better now nice job mate

Quote by NickD View Post
    they're a bit of a pain but they will fit OK with a bit of adjusting the only problem Ive found is that the liner slips out very easily because of the netting !
    Hey Nick did you see if your net will work correctly as applied on your helmet display example ?
    The stitch is in a cross divide and going by my example the straps need to go under the arms

?

no i never checked mate just lined up the holes that were ready made for the chin strap & bunched the net up inside.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Got mine on a little better
    Yes that looks much better now.

nick ,the cover looks great fitted to your m1 ,a nice tight fit ,do they all have the elasticated foliage band around the circumferance also were these maker stamped in any way

?

cheers mate

the band that's on these aren't elasticated just HBT fabric as with the other type of USMC cover these aren't marked up in anyway either if you would be interested in one Ive got a spare one just let me know.

many thanks nick ,i dont know a lot about these covers ,but i now know a little more ,did this 3rd type have a long service history maybe used in korean war ? oh and many thanks for the offer on the spare one ,i wasnt expecting that cheers james

?

these can be found still in use during the Vietnam war so you can use them on a display from either WW2, Korea or NAM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2