Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

USMC helmet liner

Article about: To add to my above post, modern EGA's have a smooth anchor point (area circled in red). Those issued between 1937 and 1955 would have definition similar to the bottom point of the anchor on

?

Default Re: USMC helmet liner

To add to my above post, modern EGA's have a smooth anchor point (area circled in red). Those issued between 1937 and 1955 would have definition similar to the bottom point of the anchor on your example (area circled in green).

USMC helmet liner

?

Here's what a 1937 pattern (used 1937-1955) cover EGA should look like....notice the definition in the top point of the anchor (circled in green)...

USMC helmet liner

here is a closer picture.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USMC helmet liner  

?

Quote by patches3 View Post
    here is a closer picture.
    Hi Patches,
    Not sure what the closer photo is for; still looks like a post 1955 pattern EGA. Unless you are saying there is definition in the top point of the anchor that is not coming through in the photo?

Basically, if the line in the anchor point is not present (line present in between the two red lines in the photo below) then it is a post 1955 EGA. Not to say this EGA hasn't been on this liner for some time, however it certainly was not added during WWII or even the Korean War.

USMC helmet liner

no, it is post 1955 like you said. i tried to geta better picture but it didnt work

?

Sorry, then. At least you're not out any money!

If anything, I hope you were able to take away some knowledge on how to date EGA's; at least EM cover EGA's used during WWII and post-war.

yes, i have. i thank you as this will help me in the future as i like to collect m1 helmets

?

No problem and good luck with the hunt!

If you're interest is primarily in WWII M1's, if you haven't already, I would suggest picking up the book "Helmets of the ETO". It's an invaluable resource for any helmet collector:

Amazon.com: Helmets of the ETO: A Historical and Technical Guide (9782352500629): Regis Giard, Frederic Blais: Books

yes, i really do need to get that book, thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2