Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

usmc helmet real? sold as fake.

Article about: i saw this cover and you may have also seen. the stithing is all correct. the seller says in the description that he is selling it as a repro. it looks a little funny on the jungle side but

Default usmc helmet real? sold as fake.

i saw this cover and you may have also seen. the stithing is all correct. the seller says in the description that he is selling it as a repro. it looks a little funny on the jungle side but that may just be me. THe helmet has a post war repaint and chinstraps while the liner is in very bad condition and has post war od7 webbing. the covr doesnt match the condition of the helmet. i just wanted to know your opinions on it, thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture usmc helmet real? sold as fake.   usmc helmet real? sold as fake.  

usmc helmet real? sold as fake.   usmc helmet real? sold as fake.  

?

This helmet cover looks like a fake to me the color seems to be off or faded for some reason even though it has no wear, also the material seems to be wrong along with it looks very thin.

thats what i was thinking. the jungle side on the two covers i have is darker then this but maybe it was faded.

?

Looks like twill material. Not Herringbone Twill. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Chinstraps may have been added but they look ok for original late war to me.

My eye is still evolving on these though!

Kind regards,
    Chris

Just need a clearer photo of the center sewing, that might give us a better clue.

Maybe include a photo on the helmet shell, the chin straps are fine IMO, the hook is in brass and the stitching is period done.

Regards,
    Taka