Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

USMC M1 helmet liner

Article about: Hi guys it finally arrived and it's a beauty. I don't think this liner has ever been in a helmet as there isn't the wear you see on the rivet heads that you get on liners when used in steel

Default USMC M1 helmet liner

Hi guys it finally arrived and it's a beauty. I don't think this liner has ever been in a helmet as there isn't the wear you see on the rivet heads that you get on liners when used in steel helmets. The 61 number you can see on the CAPAC logo has been pressed over the original number that was there so this is a 1961 date. The CAPAC logo on the liner is a left over mold in mark from the molds that pressed the liners into shape but the CMC logo (CAPAC Manufacturing Corp.) is a rare stamp that you only see in the last year before CAPAC went bust. MARMAC Industries Inc. (mold mark MII) took over in 1962 and purchased tooling machinery from CAPAC and moved away from the original plant.
    The USMC badge I checked out and it appears to be from that time period when the helmet was made from what I have researched anyway (correct me if I am wrong guys). The hole has been made by the user and is not an eyelet as this is a P55 liner which did not feature the eyelet like its predecessor. The badge looks to have been on there for sometime as the front is tarnished and scratched but the rear looks as new. The badge has accumulated dust behind it as seen on the liner plus wear marks. Liner inside very dusty liner strap brittle and snapped and the headband is in the same dry brittle condition. Looks to be a completely untouched piece. Was this used by a drill instructor or used by soldiers on guard duty if anyone knows let me know thanks and thanks for looking guys
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USMC M1 helmet liner   USMC M1 helmet liner  

USMC M1 helmet liner   USMC M1 helmet liner  

USMC M1 helmet liner   USMC M1 helmet liner  

USMC M1 helmet liner