MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

usmc ww2 helmet and cover.

Article about: ive just bought this helmet. the shell, mcord heat stamp 914. liner IMP. all helmet and liner parts are there. the cover 1st pattern with slits cut in for bales or loops and straps. the stic

Default usmc ww2 helmet and cover.

ive just bought this helmet. the shell, mcord heat stamp 914. liner IMP. all helmet and liner parts are there.
    the cover 1st pattern with slits cut in for bales or loops and straps. the stiching seems all ok to me. all in all helmet and cover seems to be in very good condition. i would just like to ask if anyone might have somthing to add on condition of this helmet and cover. and that it was a good buy. thanks mark.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture usmc ww2 helmet and cover.   usmc ww2 helmet and cover.  

usmc ww2 helmet and cover.   usmc ww2 helmet and cover.  

Default Re: usmc ww2 helmet and cover.

some of my m1s with covers. ive been working on.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture usmc ww2 helmet and cover.  

?

very nice USMC lid the cover looks fine to me

thanks nick i went out on a limb on this helmet but it ticked all the boxs for me. just wanted to see if i missed somthing. been after one of these lids at a good price for a long time.

Hi,looks a very nice M1 with a great original cover,well done. You have built up a great collection of M1 helmets there!!! Leon.

stitching is correct, triangle on the beach side and straight on the jungle using a khaki thread. That's a very nice piece, mine is stained horribly.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi,looks a very nice M1 with a great original cover,well done. You have built up a great collection of M1 helmets there!!! Leon.
    thanks fallschirmjager. i never realy gave us m1 a look but started to like them there getting hard to find good one at my end. but i like them a lot i think ill be happy with what ive got for now. the ww2 usmc m1 helmet and cover always was the one i wanted been reading and looking for a long time. then seen this one i could not let it go. just dont see these helmets over here. so im very happy with it. i found that the us m1 is just as hard to find unmessd with ones just like german helmets. and there going up in price too.

Quote by Major Tom View Post
    stitching is correct, triangle on the beach side and straight on the jungle using a khaki thread. That's a very nice piece, mine is stained horribly.
    yea the stiching and camo pattern is the most important thing to look at with these covers ive had a fake one for a while now and you can see how different they are. just that this one for me hasent got that well used look but im very happy with it.

?

Quote by geelong View Post
    thanks nick i went out on a limb on this helmet but it ticked all the boxs for me. just wanted to see if i missed somthing. been after one of these lids at a good price for a long time.

well your patience has payed off as that is a very good example

I like it. Congrats.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast