Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

A Very Important Rear Seam M1

Article about: Attachment 453645I received a parcel yesterday, from Canada. It is my latest addition. I opened it with my period er.. letter opener. It's a rear seam low dome, probably late fifties/early s

?

Default A Very Important Rear Seam M1

Attachment 453645I received a parcel yesterday, from Canada. It is my latest addition. I opened it with my period er.. letter opener.

It's a rear seam low dome, probably late fifties/early sixties steel pot, chinstraps are well marked with an anchor.
    I note that the rough factory paint has sand/silica added and seems a little darker in shade than that which is usually associated with the Vietnam era.
    A Very Important Rear Seam M1A Very Important Rear Seam M1A Very Important Rear Seam M1A Very Important Rear Seam M1
    A Very Important Rear Seam M1A Very Important Rear Seam M1A Very Important Rear Seam M1

The liner too is probably early to mid 60's, the date on the sweatband is illegible, at least to me. There is a name inked on.

A Very Important Rear Seam M1A Very Important Rear Seam M1A Very Important Rear Seam M1

A Very Important Rear Seam M1Attachment 453644

All in all, a nice example of an early Vietnam era M1.
    The most interesting thing about this one though is the story behind how I acquired it, so here goes.

Recently, I was diagnosed with a very serious illness, and the Doc's were not very optimistic to say the least. It's looking a little better for me now, but I'm not going to bore you with grim medical details.
    Ok, that's done.
    What in the hell has that got to do with an M1 helmet forum?
    Well, it seems that a few members of this forum got to hear of this. I'm not going to name them, because I do not have their permission, and I would not want to embarrass these good people unduly.
    So, they got together. And yesterday a parcel arrived, it contained the helmet I've shown above. It's a late Christmas/get well soon present they said, all the way from Canada.
    This kind deed has left me humbled. That there are people like these out there that I have never met, prepared to go out of their way at their own expense to help a fellow member of this forum who is in difficulty speaks volumes for the type of people that frequent this place, and perhaps it is because these people are here, and people much like them, that we all find this forum a wonderful place to spend our time.
    This helmet, because of what it signifies to me, will always have pride of place in my collection.
    And to the gentlemen responsible for this kindness, you will forever have my heartfelt thanks.

Andy

Default Re: A Very Important Rear Seam M1

Great helmet and it goes to prove there are some very generous people on here!...

?

There are indeed Gunny.

Andy

If i'd known i would have contributed mate!.....

Same likewise Gunny,hope you get well Andy soon.....Cheers Jake

The people of this forum are outright wonderful.

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Same likewise Gunny,hope you get well Andy soon.....Cheers Jake
    Thank you Jake.

It is my intention to hang around this forum and annoy the hell out of everybody for some time to come.

Andy

lovely m1 andy ,some wonderfull members on here ,i too would of contributed without a doubt ,regards james
    Regards James

?

sorry to hear of your circumstances mate hope things keep on the up for you

?

Awesome! Love to hear this kind of stuff. A beauty of an M1 as well. Hang in there Andy!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast